DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Yeah he did the cabbage patch on Juggalo Championshit Wrestling Volume 1

The one in the black box with the foil text where they talk about him looking like a giant penis in a broken black condom

Oh shit, the green/black box with embossed text and their clinically dead world champion and serious fucking darious

• Like 1

Batista should get driven round in a golf buggy by his assistant like he does on-set. What's the guy who played Jonathan in 30 Rock doing?

any wrestler who goes to Hollywood should play a primadonna when they come back, getting people like Zach Ryder to bring them bottles of room temperature Evian, not leaving their trailers until immediately before their matches and only doing promos in the run up to the big shows - it needs to be a wrestline trope.

The antipathy toward Orton would lead to apathetic crowd response.

Yup.  I think anything less than Daniel Bryan being in the title match will lead to a massive backlash in at least a big part of the crowd.  

Having actually been in the crowd for Brock/Goldberg, I can tell you, those chants and booing fed on itself until it was the mass chaos you saw.  The difference will be between a crowd that just found out the news that makes them hostile, and a crowd that has actively been hostile to the concept of the match for months.  

If Mania ends with "I Walk Alone" playing, there's going to be serious problems. 

WWE Studios will produce “Jingle All the Way 2,” starring Larry the Cable Guy, and a fourth installment of “The Marine” together with Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.

WWE star Mike “The Miz” Mizanin will return for “The Marine 4,” after starring in the third outing last year. Should the film, which will also feature WWE Diva Summer Rae, prove a popular seller, the film could give Mizanin his first film franchise. Mizanin headlined the ABC Family comedy “Christmas Bounty” over the holidays.

The “Jingle” sequel, to be directed by Alex Zamm, will also feature WWE’s Santino Marella. Film starts production in March and will become available on homevideo platforms this holiday. Zamm also directed direct-to-homevideo comedy “Tooth Fairy 2,” also headlined by Larry the Cable Guy.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/wwe-studios-and-fox-tag-team-on-sequels-to-jingle-all-the-way-and-the-marine-1201097025/

Why do I feel Maryse should probably keep an eye on Miz as he hangs out with American Maryse on-set?

So I'm watching RAW and the Batista - Del Rio segment plays out and something hits me.

We all feel frustrated that WWE seems to blow through matches and storylines at a break neck pace. Guys are wrestling on RAW every week so PPV feels less special. Hell, half the reason for the Wyatt's v Shield being awesome is that they don't touch each other. The crowd ate that up last night!

Anyway back to Dave and Al.... So I watch Batista powerbomb ADR through the table and it reminds me of a Cornette shoot I watched recently were he talks about Russo and the debut of Kane.

Kane comes out and attacks Taker. Taker doesn't want to fight his brother so Kane is going to go around hurting people until Taker agrees to fight.

Russo wanted to have Kane chokeslam Taker through a table the night after his debut.

Cornette basically says "What the hell? Why? We can build this for 6 months and you want to do a table spot the next night? What do we do the rest of the time? We have to build Kane so he can't take a backwards step and if Taker is getting slammed through tables and not fighting back then he looks like a damned pussy!"

The table spot last night just reminded me of that for some reason.

When I was doing a teaching tryout thing breaking down conflict in stories for beginning screenwriters, I asked them what their favorite movies were.

One dude said JINGLE ALL THE WAY.

In retrospect that could have gone much worse, but I still didn't get the position.  I think it was me ending the syllabus with "godspeed and party on."