DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

So apparently Cena recently granted his 400th Make a Wish Wish. I feel like his 300th was only like last summer.

Oh and I found out via Tiffani Amber Thiessen... which made me really happy

45]

Tiffani ThiessenVerified account@TAThiessen

Congrats to @JohnCena for reaching a landmark of 400 wishes granted with @MakeAWish #Cena400Wishes pic.twitter.com/axJORl31za

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Kelly Kapowski?? I bet Nikki Bella is shitting a brick!

Interview from Wizard World w/ AJ. I know there's a huge presentation of "real life" personas. But AJ comes off really naturally as the dorky girl who ended up in this spot who is now really super confident. She knows she's good and she knows who she is. She's obviously attractive but didn't try and become a Stacy Kiebler or whoever else who is pretty much "the hot chick" and nothing else.

A lot of girls in comedy (on my very amateur level) unfortunately fall into this trap where they fall into the stand-up equivalent of "the hot chick." There are a lot of really horrible male comics whose material pretty much revolves around degrading women. A lot of girls think they have to play into that and do a Sarah Silverman rip-off and just essentially degrade themselves. Some women can do that well (Joan Rivers is arguably the greatest comic of all-time and has racy material) but so many ladies think that's what they have do to be funny.

I know this is really mark-ish of me but AJ comes off in real life as a very good role model for young girls in creative industries.

I live in Idaho. There is no wrestling...none...zero...

Fuck Idaho...

I always kinda felt for states like Idaho, Montana, the Dakotas, Wyoming- they get ignored for everything else, someone could at least start a fucking indy up there!

North Dakota has Northern Outlaw Wrestling and Wyoming has CROWN Wrestling (I am not completely sure they still run completely in Wyoming though) and we did a show in Casper about 3 months ago (Ed Beckley Promotions).

Yeah, I kind of wonder if AJ could cross-over. She's got the "adorkable" appeal, good talker, has a nice cross-over of young female fans and dudes that dig her, and has a look that isn't Torrie Wilson or Stacy Keibler-stye bombshell that kind of limits the stuff you can do. Like, AJ could show up on Community and not look like she beamed in from Supermodel Land (though a show with Alison Brie and Gillian Jacobs may kind of disprove my example there).

Interview from Wizard World w/ AJ. I know there's a huge presentation of "real life" personas. But AJ comes off really naturally as the dorky girl who ended up in this spot who is now really super confident. She knows she's good and she knows who she is. She's obviously attractive but didn't try and become a Stacy Kiebler or whoever else who is pretty much "the hot chick" and nothing else.

A lot of girls in comedy (on my very amateur level) unfortunately fall into this trap where they fall into the stand-up equivalent of "the hot chick." There are a lot of really horrible male comics whose material pretty much revolves around degrading women. A lot of girls think they have to play into that and do a Sarah Silverman rip-off and just essentially degrade themselves. Some women can do that well (Joan Rivers is arguably the greatest comic of all-time and has racy material) but so many ladies think that's what they have do to be funny.

I know this is really mark-ish of me but AJ comes off in real life as a very good role model for young girls in creative industries.

You gotta play your audience, otherwise they won't find your material funny.

Not picking a fight with you Hagan, but I could go my whole life without ever hearing "adorkable" again. See: "Bromance".

Haha! I know. I almost put a disclaimer that I was ashamed of using it, but AJ does fit the trope. She could totally play like Zooey Deschanel's personal trainer on New Girl or something.

Did't Albert pierce people after they won the match?

I don't remember much about the Albert/Droz team, but, yeah, that was part of Albert's original gimmick.

Didn't they tattoo Val Venis' ass, or is that just something that seems like it would've happened?

• Like 1