DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

So in Chicago next week, I think Batista should come out to Cult of Personality, but he is interrupted by Randy Orton coming out to This Fire Burns. It was his music originally anyway. Maybe Stephanie can come out to that AFI song while we are at it.

Vic, I know you think this is a terrible idea, and it probably is. I just want to see HHH's troll face.

Corey.

Graves.

Watching Wrestlemania I right now and I'm now convinced Mr. T is the best celebrity wrestler ever.  He by know means was great, but he seems more competent than most people give him credit for.

I'm a little younger than most here, but I got turned on to watching old tapes as a kid because the video store near me had a HUGE wrestling section. So since the A-Team was on well before I was born, I really had no idea that Mr. T. was known for anything besides WM I and the handful of WCW appearances he made for the longest time. I figured he was just another WWF star in semi-retirement.

Watching Wrestlemania I right now and I'm now convinced Mr. T is the best celebrity wrestler ever.  He by know means was great, but he seems more competent than most people give him credit for.

His matches with Piper and Kevin Sullivan say otherwise.

The Sullivan match is not that bad. I would not say its good, but entertaining for Sullivan treating T like a TBS jobber. 

I'd throw in Kevin Greene and Karl Malone as well.

I forgot about the Sullivan match.  I was really speaking on the Mania match.  For a debut and with the whole world watching, he worked well.  It helped that Orndorff kept him on the mat and Piper being Piper. 

His movements were very crisp and realistic. Him and Piper in the amateur takedown stuff seemed like legit struggles. Mr. T's bodyslams and hip tosses were very sound in that match as well.

I'll have to rewatch Lawrence Taylor/Bam Bam to see how that comparison holds up, but Mr. T held his own. Had T/Piper been in Mid-South or NWA/Crockett, I can just imagine the hate-filled brawls they could have had. Just imagining them in a cage instead of the crappy boxing match from Mania 2 would be insane.

So in Chicago next week, I think Batista should come out to Cult of Personality, but he is interrupted by Randy Orton coming out to This Fire Burns. It was his music originally anyway. Maybe Stephanie can come out to that AFI song while we are at it.

Vic, I know you think this is a terrible idea, and it probably is. I just want to see HHH's troll face.

If Vince really wanted to mess with the crowd he would play Cult of Personality at the beginning of the show and then have Aaron Paul come out dressed as Punk.

Would a lizard people gimmick work in the WWE?

Needs a paranoid face (Eric Young would be perfect) start making accusations of collusion between random people backstage, and of an underworld uprising/conspiracy.

Slowly it turns out that he's right, and the commentators start to hint at them being possibly of the lizard person persuasion.

It'd be a nice rehash of the new world order rehash if nothing else.

• Like 1

Needs a paranoid face (Eric Young would be perfect) start making accusations of collusion between random people backstage, and of an underworld uprising/conspiracy.

Slowly it turns out that he's right, and the commentators start to hint at them being possibly of the lizard person persuasion.

David Icke approves this idea ; ).

• Like 5

Delirious says hi.

well he says BAH, BAH, BAH, BAH, BAH, BAH, BAH, BAH, BAH, BAH, BAH, BAH.

• Like 6

Alright. This is the last thing I'm going to post about March Madness here, before I do the brackets tomorrow.

Should I even bother putting Davey in? There's a couple of super-indy guys that I don't think will even get a handfull of votes, and I'd rather just give it to a Lucha or Japanese guy, or hell even a midcard WWE guy that deserves it. ARe there any super-indy guys that have to be in?

I know it's been tradition to have Davey get his ass beat in the first round, but with me including global guys as opposed to medium leveled filler from America, I feel kind of bad leaving some people out.