DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

@WCWWorldwide: Good Morning America's headline - "Hulk Hogan Is Returning to the WWE Tonight Following a Six-Year Absence From the Ring". Sorry, TNA.

I'm betting when Vince had his PR team write up the press release, someone mentioned Hogan's TNA run and Vince just stared at them blankly until they responded "6 year absence, it is."

• Like 3

From Ziggler's Twitter last night-- too funny not to share:

"batistas back has the same ink as the honda civics in fast & furious"

Ziggler's trying to get a mini-feud with Batista like Del Rio had. Or maybe this is the set-up to Batista, Ziggler, and the Miz forming Team Disgruntled.

If they had used the Miz in Alberto Del Rio's role with Batista, who would the fans have cheered? Would a stiff punch to Miz's face be enough to make people find Big Dave tolerable?

People would probably cheer Batista if he displayed even 1% of the charisma he displayed when he was a heel at the end of his last run. Babyface Batista is probably the most boring thing on the planet, Batista is a natural douchebag and that translates very well into being a heel or a cocky face, I suppose. 

• Like 1

I've been wondering if the live fans would still hate Orton vs Batista if they surprisingly busted out a twenty-minute workrate classic. What's the best match that was diminished by the crowd unfairly crapping all over it? I'm talking about fans booing or chanting negatively towards the match, not just sitting on their hands in apathy.

Got worried after seeing Big Fresh quote one of my tweets -- I thought I was visiting the board in my sleep and trying to get my Twitter over.

But, seriously -- you should follow it. I posted a Hulk Hogan mug from 1999!!

Any updates on how hurt Cena really is?  I'm heard rumblings it's not serious, but not seen anything reliable.

Not sure I care.  Cena vs. the Wyatts doesn't appeal to me at all, if that's what they actually are planning to run.  I liked Bray Wyatt's work in NXT, but it hasn't translated well to the bigger shows for me.  If they go the directions people are expecting, WrestleMania isn't gtoing to interest me much.  So far, the only tease/rumor that interests me at all is Triple H/Daniel Bryan and I'd much rather see the HBK/DBryan feud they teased a while back.

the multiple attacks on Cena after the knee injury might be a solid sign that it's not completely legit. Although they didn't actually hit the bad knee.

Random WWE-related dream: for some reason, a Paul Bearer-lookalike or a Paul Bearer mini was attacking Kane with the Urn all around ringside, and the Undertaker (or a Mini-Undertaker) was around, but for some reason, John Cena was having his head shaved in the ring

@WCWWorldwide: Good Morning America's headline - "Hulk Hogan Is Returning to the WWE Tonight Following a Six-Year Absence From the Ring". Sorry, TNA.

To be fair, TNA is mentioned in the ABC News story about Hogan's return

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/hulkamania-running-wild-wwe-return-22625039

Hogan has also wrestled for other promotions including the now-defunct World Championship Wrestling and spent the last four years with TNA Wrestling. Like his bad guy Hollywood Hogan personna would have said, he hoped this relationship with WWE was "4 Life."

I've been wondering if the live fans would still hate Orton vs Batista if they surprisingly busted out a twenty-minute workrate classic. What's the best match that was diminished by the crowd unfairly crapping all over it? I'm talking about fans booing or chanting negatively towards the match, not just sitting on their hands in apathy.

Probably Benoit-Malenko from 'Road Wild'.  Whoever decided Dean-Benoit having a mat-based time limit draw in front of angry bikers should have been turfed.  It's one of the few times I've seen the "We're going to have sudden death overtime!" gimmick result in boos.

• Like 1

To be fair, the story I was quoting was a dumb fluff piece that's still currently on the front page of Yahoo! (Which is the only news site not blocked here at work).

It's called "Retro Wrestlers: Where Are They Now?" and it's all bad.

WWE's Facebook page just posted this:

1618704_10151977425331443_1746606300_n.j

"John Cena is awake! Time to side up with Fruity or Cocoa Pebbles Cereal. Will you join John Cena, the Captain of Team Fruity?...or did you temporarily lose your mind? #TeamFruity"

Are they even trying anymore with Cena?

Does that make Darrin Young the captain of team Cocoa Pebbles?