DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Also, I'm sure it's been noticed, but some heel has to play Punk's theme in Chicago.

A heel with some BAD NEWS, perhaps?

That would make Barrett's career.

It'd be awesome if he did that, then they worked out a deal with Punk for him to come back for one more match where he loses cleanly to Barrett at Wrestlemania.

Lucha is a different discourse than American pro wrestling, you just have to accept different paradigms to understand it. It's a suspension of different kinds of belief. Damn, now I really want to write an epistemology of lucha.

Puro is a lot closer to what we have in the US but back drops, abdominal stretches, and that neck breaker drop thing Baba did have never really been DEATH~! moves like they have been in japan. Lariats are different because a good clothesline needs no translation.

There was a link that had a timeline of the craziness of CZW's happenings and one of the timelines really fasinated me, which was late 2002-03 when they had their little war with XPW over the use of the Arena, one of the casulties was the Messiah and his thumb (which had nothing to do with the feud, but he had left XPW for CZW) and its interesting when he made his return he had all the support of the wrestlers and the fans.  Years later I remember reading about how he had an affair with a guy who held a fundraiser to help with his medical bills.  Just saddened to hear.

And CZW really took pride in running in the Arena, even doing an excellent tribute video to celebrate 10 years of wrestling at the time there. 

Limiting it to one TNA guy is a great idea. Then I don't have to watch more than five TNA matches. We do this for fun.

I think I'd vote for Taryn Terrell over any of the guys in TNA this year.

Whatever happened to her? Did she get released?

There's a website called thevoicerises.com, it's showing AJ Styles vs CM Punk from ROH and talks about starting a revolution in Chicago.

They have chant ideas like SELL THE STOCK and STEPH AND RANDY. They want bitcoins too, bitcoins will help them rise.

This is the worst thing I've ever seen.

• Like 2

*goes to Google* *finds YouTube video of Crowe's debut*

well, that's tremendous. At least they have one person in the WWE who can logically cause his own music to play at random

I'm guessing they wouldn't have him gain control of the pyrotechnics so he could unleash random pyro attacks

I was just reading the 'where are they now' thing about Bart Gunn on the WWE website and was wondering what you think the best Smoking Gunn's matches are? I was never that into them as a kid outside of their finish so might be time for a revisit