DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Question while reading the March Madness plan- with NXT getting regular time this year and people saying it's worthy of spots, even with them being in the minor leagues of WWE, is this the right argument for March Madness to add the "First Four" games in? (Seemingly that makes the sense there- four playin games for NXT wrestlers to get into the field.) 

It does feel a little bit now like it's debating on some mid-major teams in the NCAAs to get to the tournament, so it feels like this is the right reason to make it work.

Man, watched the HBK promo from Montreal today. It's a pity that Shawn's second run never had a real heel run. He more or less played heel for the Hogan program, and, by default I guess, the first Undertaker match, but that's the only ones I can recall. What a fucking natural asshole. I can't recall the build-up to his Cena match so dunno if he was playing heel for that.

Also, I'm sure it's been noticed, but some heel has to play Punk's theme in Chicago.

• Like 1

Also, I'm sure it's been noticed, but some heel has to play Punk's theme in Chicago.

A heel with some BAD NEWS, perhaps?

That would make Barrett's career.

It'd be awesome if he did that, then they worked out a deal with Punk for him to come back for one more match where he loses cleanly to Barrett at Wrestlemania.

Lucha is a different discourse than American pro wrestling, you just have to accept different paradigms to understand it. It's a suspension of different kinds of belief. Damn, now I really want to write an epistemology of lucha.

Puro is a lot closer to what we have in the US but back drops, abdominal stretches, and that neck breaker drop thing Baba did have never really been DEATH~! moves like they have been in japan. Lariats are different because a good clothesline needs no translation.