DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

- Following the release of the 2013 WWE financials, here is a breakdown of the company's top 10 revenue streams.

• TV Rights Fees - $160.9 million
  • Live Events - $111.5 million
  • PPV Revenue - $82.5 million
  • Licensing - $43.6 million
  • Home Video - $24.3 million
  • WWE.com - $23 million
  • Venue Merchandise - $19.4 million
  • WWEShop - $15.5 million
  • WWE Studios - $10.8 million
  • Magazine Sales - $5.7 million

- TV rights fees continue to be the biggest line of revenue, and the $160.9 million represents approximately 32% of the company's revenue, which is up from 2012, when it represented approximately 29%.

- Live events have been steady as the secondary line of revenue, representing approximately 21% of the revenue for the last three years.

- PPV remains the third biggest lien of revenue, with $82.5 million, representing 16.2% of the company's revenue. This is roughly even with last year, which was $83.6 (17.3), but up from 2011, which was $78.3 million (16.2%).

- WWE licensing was at $43.6 million, which is approximately 8.6% of the revenue. Licensing fees for the company dropped for a second straight year, starting at $54.4 million (11.2%) in 2011, then $46.3 million (9.6%) in 2012 and now $43.6 million (8.6%) this year.

Probably because they'd all still lose in the first round.

I don't care what anybody says about Lucha, if Steve Austin doesn't understand it, it doesn't make sense.

Well fuck... I should just close that sub-forum down then. Steve Austin said so.

Sorry both Santos. Sorry Blue Panther. Sorry Eddie.

Stupid flippy-floppies!  It's a good thing a guy in a lucha mask has never been a WWE champion.  Oh.  Right.

Let's all fondly remember Rey's 2.5 hour reign as WWE Champ.

Or his 2 different runs as World Heavyweight Champ since everyone is being smart alecky today

I remember those.

Just not fondly.

What you don't remember his two ppv title defenses against JBL and Jack Swagger? Or him being pinned in non-title matches every week?

Big Show is one of the best, smartest wrestlers on the roster, so for the guy who's annoyed by him, you basically suck and I don't get you at all. The onus of explaining Big Show sucking on this board is definitely on you and not the other way around since we've all gone at length the things he does very well. OH HE'S THE BIG SLOW doesn't really cut it.

That said, I don't think he had a standout 2013 though, with the Orton match being particularly unfortunate. I think things might have been different if Henry didn't go down and we got Show/Henry vs Shield matches more. I don't think he wins over a lot of guys this year.

Matt's getting in prime March Madness form.

The Steve Austin/Lucha thing made me wonder: What's the worst wrestling related opinion held by a wrestler?

Gotta be the Kevin Nash "vanilla midget" thing, right?

Or Goldberg not thinking he and Jericho would've drawn any money in WCW...

• Like 1

I think Bret Hart has some shit ones in his book. Like not digging Memphis and Jerry Lawler's style. He might be my favorite wrestler with the worst opinions on what good wrestling is.

Bret Hart once called Melina the best wrestler in the world.

See what I mean.

I think Bret Hart has some shit ones in his book. Like not digging Memphis and Jerry Lawler's style. He might be my favorite wrestler with the worst opinions on what good wrestling is.

See what I mean.

I assume Bret said this in an attempt to earn brownie points so he could see Melina's fun parts.

Going back to Roman Reigns vs Undertaker, for some reason I envision Roman hitting the Superman punch on Undertaker and the crowd getting leveled like at the beginning of Fellowship of the Ring. 

And I don't know why, but ever since Roman squashed Mark Henry like a bug on Monday, I've been down with him ending the streak.

A lot of wrestlers hold the opinion "You've never stepped in the ring, so you can't judge a worker/match/promotion"

Also, Uso's have had a killer year. I'm pretty unfamiliar with March Madness. Do they go in as a unit?

• Like 1

See what I mean.

I assume Bret said this in an attempt to earn brownie points so he could see Melina's fun parts.

Foley was all gaga about her too.  I get it if they were trying to get her to do that splits entrance on top of them, but she wasn't a particularly good wrestler even by WWE Diva standards.  If those are legit appraisals of talent then I have to wonder what the hell they're thinking.

I had the best worst idea watch a Raw Tuesday - Reigns/Taker at WM31, Reigns wins, only to be swarmed by Druids and carried off. He appears the next night on Raw as the new Undertaker, revealing it to be a spirit that chooses its host.

Taker entering the HOF would be the reason it decided to move on.

I swear I had this EXACT thought during Raw a couple of weeks back.

A lot of wrestlers hold the opinion "You've never stepped in the ring, so you can't judge a worker/match/promotion"

This. It's like saying "you can't sing or play guitar so you can't judge a song or album."

Mind you I can do both, so, either way I'm good.