DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

At least the Big Show won't have any chance of getting very far in the tournament this year.

Big Show almost making it to the finals last year annoyed me more than anything else.

I'm still very curious how many guys NXT guys are going to appear in March Madness this year. Sami is in for sure, probably Bo too, but there whats the cut off, especially with Japan and Mexico in play.

I would like to see Sami Zayn, Tyler Breeze and Alexander Russev in before Bo Dallas and Adrian Neville myself.  

Even though he's been released, I hope Kassius Ohno is in. He had the excellent match against Harper and the amazing match against Regal, which I personally liked more than Cesaro vs. Regal.

As I've been more of a part time lurker around here for years, could someone do me and some other less engaged folks the favor of explaining March Madness?

The only rule is that you're voting for the guy you thought had a better year, using whatever criteria you choose.  The amazing thing is watching people get crazy upset that people don't agree with their entirely subjective opinions.

Plus since the board has such an eclectic group of wrestling interests you get stuff like dickbags like me voting for WWE midcarders over indy SUPASTARZ because I only watch WWE and people getting morally offended about it.  My Tea Bagger Uncle would call me a "low information voter".

• Like 1

Oh I'll be one of those too. I have watched maybe a third of the WWE's television this year (which is more than I have in a decade) not a single PPV, no indie, and nearly no Japan. However, I'm more than willing to admit I don't know who to vote for and sit out a round. Now, if it was a retro March Madness based on 70's and 80's territory stuff, it'd be on like Donkey Kong...

With Japan and Lucha involved this year you can bet there will be...

1) Someone voting for a WWE guy because they've never heard of the foreign guy

2) ANOTHER guy saying that unless you've seen 80 hours of matches from the foreign guy that you shouldn't be voting

3) ANOTHER, ANOTHER guy saying he's watched 2 matches and is now an expert on the foreign guy and they like the WWE guy better (this will be me!)

4) ANOTHER, ANOTHER, ANOTHER guy saying he hates the lucha style and needless flips

5) ANOTHER, ANOTHER,ANOTHER, ANOTHER guy saying you don't understand the nuance of all those flips!

Yeah, this will be fun.

Edit:  Sorry bro!  Ssssploilers!

• Like 1

I will make an honest effort to educate myself about the guy I don't know as much about, prior to my vote.

This will last for the first round, maybe the first or second day of round two, tops.

From that point forward, it will be contentious and vengeful voting, sprinkled with occasional pity votes for the obvious loser.

In other words, just like the three March Madnesses previously held! #thestreak

Big Show is one of the best, smartest wrestlers on the roster, so for the guy who's annoyed by him, you basically suck and I don't get you at all. The onus of explaining Big Show sucking on this board is definitely on you and not the other way around since we've all gone at length the things he does very well. OH HE'S THE BIG SLOW doesn't really cut it.

That said, I don't think he had a standout 2013 though, with the Orton match being particularly unfortunate. I think things might have been different if Henry didn't go down and we got Show/Henry vs Shield matches more. I don't think he wins over a lot of guys this year.

Here is my checklist for March.

1. Strike down any and all quantity arguments in an attempt to push Brock Lesnar to the finals!!!!!

2. Spite vote for Punk because he was screwed last year.

3. Spite vote against Bryan because you goofs let him win in a down year and now there is just no chance he will ever lose.

4. Spite vote against Henry for some reason.  I can't remember why, but I had a really solid reason to say this a year ago.

5.  Say FELLA a bunch.

Oh fun, checklists!

1) Get Luke Harper into the Final Four based on having a clothesline as a finish

2) Bounce CM Punk before the Elite Eight

3) Say mean things about Okada and having a clothesline as a finish

4) Get Cesaro into the finals

5) Cast a vote for Tyler Breeze

Jae!  TYLER BREEZE!  JAE!  Tyler!  BREEZE!

Been going through Dean's 2013 thread....yeah this year's list is going to be a little different than it has been in the past.

Was this year good for Super Indies? Nevermind. I know it wasn't.

I had the best worst idea watch a Raw Tuesday - Reigns/Taker at WM31, Reigns wins, only to be swarmed by Druids and carried off. He appears the next night on Raw as the new Undertaker, revealing it to be a spirit that chooses its host.

Taker entering the HOF would be the reason it decided to move on.

• Like 4

Probably because they'd all still lose in the first round.

I don't care what anybody says about Lucha, if Steve Austin doesn't understand it, it doesn't make sense.

Well fuck... I should just close that sub-forum down then. Steve Austin said so.

Sorry both Santos. Sorry Blue Panther. Sorry Eddie.

• Like 2

Someone needs to be a Zeb Coulter gimmick poster for any foreigner in March Madness.  And we need public voting where we can see who voted for who.

Get Sweetser. He's doing the Zeb gimmick in ECCW anyways.