DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I do not expect Aries to ever be offered a WWE deal, but he got me to give TNA one last try during his awesome run in 2012. Then they mimicked the Punk heel turn and I clicked right back off. Aries would actually be a strong replacement for Christian's role assuming he leaves later this year, and I want to see him get a solid role on the big stage. Probably not going to happen, but it would add to WWE's adeep roster of strong performers.

I swear, I've lurked this board for over 10 years, and I don't remember March madness being such a huge thing, where the frenzy got worked up so much.  maybe I often fall into a coma in March? 

On a completely unrelated note, I just recently started listening to Steve Austin podcasts.  Tonight I was listening to Jerry Lawler. I loved all of the detail he went into regarding the Andy Kaufman angle, creating the Kamala gimmick after meeting James Harris, etc.  But when Austin asked him how he became a commentator, he told a story about being at Tv and Vince saying "Someone tell Randy to come here, I want to go over something with him.", which led to Finkel telling Vince that Savage had just shown up on Nitro and everyone was surprised.  Then Vince asked Jerry to fill in just for the night and he did and stayed with it ever after.

Um, what?  I mean, do I even have to pick apart all the points of that story that are wrong?  So with Jerry being so intelligent and having such a good memory about other things, what the hell was he talking about telling that story?  Or am I the one who lost my mind while listening and heard it completely wrong? 

I swear, I've lurked this board for over 10 years, and I don't remember March madness being such a huge thing, where the frenzy got worked up so much.  maybe I often fall into a coma in March? 

On a completely unrelated note, I just recently started listening to Steve Austin podcasts.  Tonight I was listening to Jerry Lawler. I loved all of the detail he went into regarding the Andy Kaufman angle, creating the Kamala gimmick after meeting James Harris, etc.  But when Austin asked him how he became a commentator, he told a story about being at Tv and Vince saying "Someone tell Randy to come here, I want to go over something with him.", which led to Finkel telling Vince that Savage had just shown up on Nitro and everyone was surprised.  Then Vince asked Jerry to fill in just for the night and he did and stayed with it ever after.

Um, what?  I mean, do I even have to pick apart all the points of that story that are wrong?  So with Jerry being so intelligent and having such a good memory about other things, what the hell was he talking about telling that story?  Or am I the one who lost my mind while listening and heard it completely wrong? 

It's a very special month were all attempts at peaceful and smart conversation is forgone to lead to he eventual human de-evolution to poop slinging and complete hatred.

By the end of last year I hated at least half the board for a couple weeks. It was really quite fascinating.

But hey, at least no Gonzalez this year, right?

• Like 1

Is it weird that I don't think I've ever participated in March Madness?  And I've been around since '98/99ish!

So that's why you're so squeaky clean and beloved.

I'm beloved?!

Also, with everyone going on about it, I fully intended to vote in last year's MM, but then I couldn't get onto the board and missed like 2 months of DVDVRing.

If we have any sort of discipline, it will end in a 0-0 tie.

Of course, we don't.  We couldn't even handle an open RAW thread (sorry, Rippa!)  so it really just means we'll get to screen-cap and death-shame the first person who votes for either.

No poll on that one, you must state your vote against one of the two so they come out with less than 0 votes in the tournament. Positive votes are grounds for being banned from participating.

• Like 1

As I've been more of a part time lurker around here for years, could someone do me and some other less engaged folks the favor of explaining March Madness?

Wrestler goes up against wrestler and you vote for your pick from the period March-March. It depends on your criteria when making for your choice, for example quality vs. quantity. Mah boy Daniel Bryan has won it three years running since jaedmc started it in March 2010, I believe.

• Like 1

I do think that after year one we decided it should count for what's happened in the last 12 month period and not a whole career retrospective (it was originally shaky which explains how Foley got so far that first year). Also, if you vote, explain why you're voting. 

As I've been more of a part time lurker around here for years, could someone do me and some other less engaged folks the favor of explaining March Madness?

animal_farm-3.jpg

It's very early in the day but you appear to have won the whole internet for the day already. Well played, old bean.

animal_farm-3.jpg

It's very early in the day but you appear to have won the whole internet for the day already. Well played, old bean.

I did a quick google search for monkey's flinging poop.  But this was much, much smarter.

• Like 1

With March Madness right around the corner, I really do hope Jae doesn't bother with Davey Richards, Mr. Anderson, or The Miz.  I just think the arguments against those people have reached the point where they are no longer interesting and have been repeated Ad Infinitum.  Do we really need to have to include them so they can lose in the first round?   So we can post the superplex spot gif for the 19th time?  I'd much rather have the 64 (or whatever with the play ins) guys Jae thinks are the most interesting to discuss than sound off the echo chamber alarm going off.

• Like 2

I'm still very curious how many guys NXT guys are going to appear in March Madness this year. Sami is in for sure, probably Bo too, but there whats the cut off, especially with Japan and Mexico in play.

I would like to see Sami Zayn, Tyler Breeze and Alexander Russev in before Bo Dallas and Adrian Neville myself.  

Bo is kind of a boring, no frills worker which is fine since it fits his gimmick but it won't serve him well in the tournament an d Neville is a second-tier guy to me who is just now learning how to get his stuff other than the Red Arrow over.  

Sami should be a lock.  Tyler is really a dark horse pick and probably won't make it into the field since he displays like no offensive ability but he makes everything work with his stalling and stooging.  I was more interested in him and Big Cass not touching for five minutes than I was most whole matches.  Russev has had some really good power matches especially his debut with Ziggler but he can be a bit uneven.  But I think he may be polarizing enough to get some votes against a higher seed.

With March Madness right around the corner, I really do hope Jae doesn't bother with Davey Richards, Mr. Anderson, or The Miz.  I just think the arguments against those people have reached the point where they are no longer interesting and have been repeated Ad Infinitum.  Do we really need to have to include them so they can lose in the first round?   So we can post the superplex spot gif for the 19th time?  I'd much rather have the 64 (or whatever with the play ins) guys Jae thinks are the most interesting to discuss than sound off the echo chamber alarm going off.

Davey - Mr. Anderson - Miz triple threat play in game!

• Like 2

The only rule is that you're voting for the guy you thought had a better year, using whatever criteria you choose.  The amazing thing is watching people get crazy upset that people don't agree with their entirely subjective opinions.