DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Wrestling has always been screwed when it comes to television rights because it doesn't appeal to the "right" kind of viewers. Conversely, I remember hearing Hannibal, while it wasn't that well rated, always did well with more affluent viewers hence why it got brought back for season 2 by NBC.

So, I guess the point of this post is: WWE needs more opera music and cannibals.

I would assume that it's only for Elimination Chamber in hopes that people will still order it.

Also, that "right viewer" thing is BS. It may have been the case years ago.. but when I go to a WWE event these days it's not a bunch of trashy folk for lack of a better term. The ticket prices have gone up. It's mostly families and middle to upper middle class. The people who do actually buy the products they'd want to advertise.

Wrestling has always been screwed when it comes to television rights because it doesn't appeal to the "right" kind of viewers. Conversely, I remember hearing Hannibal, while it wasn't that well rated, always did well with more affluent viewers hence why it got brought back for season 2 by NBC.

So, I guess the point of this post is: WWE needs more opera music and cannibals.

St. Elsewhere was another example of a show with low ratings, but high ad revenue because of the kind of viewers it attracts. WWE does better ratings than NASCAR, you would think that they could use that as leverage. The WWE/NASCAR demographics have to be pretty similar, right? 

I dont think its gonna happen but I always thought wrestling on the Fox networks could be a a good fit Raw on FX Smackdown on FXX Main Event on Fox Sports One and then like Saturday Nights Main Event and Tribute for the Troops on Fox.

• Like 1

30 days? That blows. But that's not gonna be true for the ones that air live on the network, right? If I working the night of Wrestlemania and I won't get home until midnight, I can watch it OnDemand that evening.... correct??

I hope so.

In the FAQ on the network website it says that all programming that premieres on the network will be available on demand immediately after it airs.  I assume, and hope, this means ppv shows too.

I dont think its gonna happen but I always thought wrestling on the Fox networks could be a a good fit Raw on FX Smackdown on FXX Main Event on Fox Sports One and then like Saturday Nights Main Event and Tribute for the Troops on Fox.

I always thought the same thing, for some reason. Maybe it was the King Kong Bundy appearance on Married... With Children. I wonder if WWE would even be allowed on Fox depending on the specifics of the UFC deal, which I don't know anything about.

Does anyone know the reason there weren't more SNMEs on Fox?

St. Elsewhere was another example of a show with low ratings, but high ad revenue because of the kind of viewers it attracts. WWE does better ratings than NASCAR, you would think that they could use that as leverage. The WWE/NASCAR demographics have to be pretty similar, right?

WWE's demos would be a lot younger compared to NASCAR.

I don't think it was this. I don't even think he was actually in the match, he just ran in and destroyed them. My memory is shot however.

Wasn't it from the SmackDown in Edmonton whenever that actual date was? It was just a giant run in to end the show after I wanna say an Orton vs Ambrose match maybe.

That is the one

• Like 2

A drinking game on the Raw commentary would leave you plastered by the end of hour one.

In fact, it sounds like JBL is in the middle of a drinking game every time he's on the air.

He was drunk while doing the alternate commentary for the first One Night Stand. If you haven't listened to it, you need to. Just for his reaction to the Tanaka/Awesome match.

By which point Watts had had enough anyway.

Say, this is interesting:

Doug Gilbert and Sir Mo (WWE's Men on a Mission) worked the 2/15 Ripley Championship Wrestling (RCW) card at the Power Pro Arena in Ripley, TN.

I was under the impression that Mo was in pretty bad shape these days.

3957069208_fc3c2e8f6b.jpg

Mable is heavier than Oscar and Mo and has been fatter, longer,  but he somehow looks healthier than either of his teamates. Dafuk?!

Mabel can still go. Last May I saw him do a 6 man tag. And he was in the ring for close to 30 minutes. He has also lost weight.

SO weird. Tommy Dreamer just tweeted that Mabel passed away today...

I am shocked & so sad. Mabel, Viscera, Big Daddy V (Nelson Frazier) passed away. He was a good friend. He just celebrated his 43Bday