DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

But WWE has shown amazing restraint in not doing so. With how much Cena makes lame jokes you'd think he'd have made some comments by now but I don't remember any happening.

I don't know if they'd want Cena to, ahem, shit on the selling point of one of their PPVs.

"My name is Irwin R. Schyster. For many decades I have been reminding you to pay your taxes. Recently, I retired from that business. But a Satellite company came to me with tax problems. In exchange for solving those problems, they made me the CEO of their company. Unfortunately for you, I have decided to cease the airing of WWE Pay Per Views on my satellite company until you order a PYT and pay.. your.. taxes"

• Like 3

According to Pwinsider.com, there was talk at the weekend WWE live events that CM Punk was given his official release from WWE on Friday. WWE has not confirmed the release at this time, and as of today, Punk is still shown on the Superstars page of WWE website. Pwinsider.com also notes that people that have spoken to Punk recently have stated that Punk has said he is done.

found this article looking up the picture of Jimmy Carter and Mr. Wrestling II:

John Walker, a fourth-grade teacher and Lions Club president who is seeking a seat on the Plains City Council, says he regularly donned a mask in the ring for pay from about 1975 to about 1992, mostly in South Carolina, but occasionally in Georgia, too. And he says he used the name “Mr. Wrestling II.”

A former schools superintendent and county commissioner, Walker has touted his exploits in the ring since moving to Plains four years ago and on flyers he recently distributed promoting his campaign for Plains City Council.

But the bona fide Mr. Wrestling II is Johnny Walker of Honolulu, Hawaii, who gave the 61-year-old John Walker a talking-to on the phone on Saturday after being told that someone might be claiming his identity.

But the conversation between the Walkers apparently didn’t go too badly.

“I did get a phone call. No, I wouldn’t say it was unfriendly,” said John Walker, who refused to elaborate.

although if you tried impersonating The Assassin while running for the city council in Georgia, I suspect the real Assassin would show up and brutally beat you on your front lawn

I been watching through Smoky Mountain TV on the youtubes, and damn if Buddy Landell and Tony Anthony aren't fun to watch. Anthony seems like the redneck version of Sandman, and I mean that as a compliment. These shows regularly alternate between fantastic and "fucking brutal," but not Mike Graham brutal...

John Walker, a fourth-grade teacher and Lions Club president who is seeking a seat on the Plains City Council, says he regularly donned a mask in the ring for pay from about 1975 to about 1992, mostly in South Carolina, but occasionally in Georgia, too. And he says he used the name “Mr. Wrestling II.”

A former schools superintendent and county commissioner, Walker has touted his exploits in the ring since moving to Plains four years ago and on flyers he recently distributed promoting his campaign for Plains City Council.

But the bona fide Mr. Wrestling II is Johnny Walker of Honolulu, Hawaii, who gave the 61-year-old John Walker a talking-to on the phone on Saturday after being told that someone might be claiming his identity.

“I did get a phone call. No, I wouldn’t say it was unfriendly,” said John Walker, who refused to elaborate.

although if you tried impersonating The Assassin while running for the city council in Georgia, I suspect the real Assassin would show up and brutally eat you on your front lawn

Fixed

although if you tried impersonating The Assassin while running for the city council in Georgia, I suspect the real Assassin would show up and brutally eat you on your front lawn

Fixed

gotta tenderize the food a bit before you cook and eat em

I'd also imagine someone in Mexico trying to impersonate a luchador to win office would probably get thrown in a trunk

As much as I enjoy Bray Wyatt's character, it is interesting that he's been booked in a WM match with Cena so quickly. But, I must say, If anyone can pull a good-to-great match out of him on such a big stage, it's probably Cena.

I would definitely enjoy another Cena-Bryan match, especially at WM, but my enjoyment of it would kind of depend on how they set it up and when. I already feel like tonight, Friday, or at EC would probably even be too late. Granted a lot has changed since the RR, with Punk leaving, the reaction to Bryan, etc., but if they were going to run Cena-Bryan at WM the seeds should have been planted on the Raw following the RR at the latest IMO.

I can't remember if someone was saying this here or on another board, but someone wrote that it just does not feel like the WM build is not the same as it usually is. I fully agree! I don't know if its because of the network, or Punk, or what. Nothing's been done with Lesnar/Taker on TV yet, if that's still the plan. Batista is just simply not as high caliber of a return as Rock at ALL, especially with the crowd shitting on him and his RR win. Maybe I should just lower my expectations from now on..

• Like 1

I don't want to see Cena / Wyatt.  

It's too soon for a Wrestlemania match between them.  I think a Wyatts / Shield gimmick match should be at WM.  Have them brawl into the crowd for a double count out ending with Rowan or Harper getting triple powerbombed into a concession stand or something like that, then do a TLC match with a contract up high that says the loser of the match has to disband.  That way, another fun weapon filled brawl, and then Dean Ambrose can intentionally lose the match because he doesn't want to be in Roman's shadow anymore.  Then Roman can spear all five of them for a big wrestlemania moment.  

or something.  

And I think it's important for Bray Wyatt not to lose at WM if they want to even come close to the Undertaker mystique.

Can someone refresh my memory on the story of Ron Simmons winning the WCW Title? I don't think I've ever really known the circumstances of that which still seems odd in 2014.

Watts was in charge.

At house show in Baltimore, vader's opponent was injured. Thet draw name out of a hat. simmons' name was picked. He won the belt.

Vader's opponent being Sting, who had earlier been attacked by the debuting Jake Roberts.  And Watts was trying to recreate JYD's Mid-South success on a national level with a charismatic black babyface.  Needless to say, it didn't work.  But at the time, it was a great angle.