DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

How aboutĀ if Bryan and Orton are the last two in the chamber, Bryan has Orton in the Yes-Lock about to tap, but Triple H throws salt in his eyes allowing Orton to get the pin and retain. That prompts Hulk Hogan to come out to check on Bryan, Triple H challenges Hogan to fight Orton with the belt on the line, Bryan encourages Hogan to accept, punch, punch, punch, boot to the gut, snap mare, 123, new champ.

• Like 8

Look guys, after the rumble I am setting my expectations super low for the Chamber and for 'Mania. We're looking at underdog Orton escaping the chamber to go on and lose to Batista at Wrestlemania. Punk ain't coming back. Brock's appearances are close to used up, he is not going into the chamber. It's gonna be Orton-Baista, Brock-Taker, and Cena-Wyatt at WM30 and if you don't like it, oh well. That is what they want and that is what WWE will get.

I think everyone needs to stop fantasy booking interference in a cage match

so anyways..

Ā 

Lesnar enters the EC as the unannounced 7th man. Then Lesnar exits the cage and wins the title because the Authority modified the contract to allow for the EC to be won by escaping the cage first. Now that's a screwing

Ā 

so anyways..

Ā 

Lesnar enters the EC as the unannounced 7th man. Then Lesnar exits the cage and wins the title because the Authority modified the contract to allow for the EC to be won by escaping the cage first. Now that's a screwing

Ā 

Ā 

Vince? Ā Vince Russo? Ā Is that you?

I've performed stand-up in front of a crowd as small as two non-comics. Shows like that are actually some of my favorites to perform at. It's really no-lose at all and you can just do whatever the hell you want. Any risk on stage you've ever wanted to take you can. It's just a sense of complete and total freedom. Wrestling doesn't really work that way because why the hell would you take some crazy spot in front of three folks? But in terms of shtick, you can just really go for it.

Ā 

That's something I really need to work on at comedy open-mics:Ā  Just learning how to wing it and perform "off the cuff".Ā  Been to a few shows like that, including one this past week when there were MAYBE a dozen non-comics in the club and NO ONE wanted to laugh at much of anything.Ā  Best laugh I got was when I asked if the drink special was Nyquil.

5) I've performed stand-up in front of a crowd as small as two non-comics. Shows like that are actually some of my favorites to perform at. It's really no-lose at all and you can just do whatever the hell you want. Any risk on stage you've ever wanted to take you can. It's just a sense of complete and total freedom. Wrestling doesn't really work that way because why the hell would you take some crazy spot in front of three folks? But in terms of shtick, you can just really go for it.

Ā 

"Shut up and do Latka!"

• Like 3

Ā 

Ā 

so anyways..

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Vince? Ā Vince Russo? Ā Is that you?

Ā 

Ā 

Only if the EC was on a pole.

Russo comes out halfway through the match, cuts a shoot promo on Paul Levesque and Vince Jnr, accusing them of murdering Vince Snr, Gorilla Monsoon and Jack Tunney.

Shane Douglas and the ICP do a run in. 20 minute choreographed dance routine that sees consecutive heel turns for David Arquette, Mark Cuban, Jared The Subway Guy, the ghost of Mickey Mantle, John Rocker, and the Phoenix Suns Gorilla.

• Like 2

Why? Ā There is often interference in WWE's biggest name cage matches: HBK-Undertaker, Austin-McMahon, etc. etc. I could see if people were fantasy-booking blood or something that will never happen, but interference in a WWE cage match is pretty common.

Ā 

How aboutĀ if Bryan and Orton are the last two in the chamber, Bryan has Orton in the Yes-Lock about to tap, but Triple H throws salt in his eyes allowing Orton to get the pin and retain. That prompts Hulk Hogan to come out to check on Bryan, Triple H challenges Hogan to fight Orton with the belt on the line, Bryan encourages Hogan to accept, punch, punch, punch, boot to the gut, snap mare, 123, new champ.

Then at WM, Orton wins back the title when a photographer randomly stands up on the apron, goes to take a picture of Hogan and has his camera explode, leading to Orton getting his title back.

Orton wins the EC match, then the cage itself transforms into a 10 foot tall cyborg implanted with the combined memories and wrestling knowledge of all the greatest wrestlers of the last century who have died. Ā It breaks Orton in half, then Cesaro comes out and gives it a giant swing.

• Like 1

that leads to a reprise of the Final Four match from 1997, Lesnar wins by F5'ing the other 7 competitors over the top rope to the floor.

Ā 

Unrelated: watching clips of a Cornette/Bill Watts duo shoot. Bill Watts really ranks up there for guys who are captivating speakers even if you could figure out which parts of their speeches were bullshit. From the Mid-South i've watched on occasion, it comes off as a real serious credible intelligent event and Watts was a huge part of the on-air commentary there and such.

Why can't it lead to a series of matches between Brock Lesnar and various structures?

Ā 

TONIGHT ONLY: BROCK LESNAR PUTS HIS TITLE ON THE LINE AGAINST THE MR. FREEZE ROLLERCOASTER AT SIX FLAGS OVER ARLINGTON AND THE DOME FROM BIODOME IN A TRIPLE THREAT MATCH!!!!

Ā 

Cole: For those of you on Twitter you may have heard that even as he's preparing for this triple threat match, Brock Lesnar has been called out by the Sydney Opera House and that giant yellow ball from the 1982 World's Fair in Knoxville Tennessee!

Ā 

Lawler:Ā  Wow, that is an unexpected alliance?

Ā 

Cole: Mismatched partners are always a wild card, Jerry!

• Like 1

This was probably common knowledge already, but my mind was just blown, when I watched the Getting Doug with High podcast with Ron Funches and Ron Funches talked about being a fan of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla and regularly attending their events. I've already liked him before, but now he's reached the top of the list of my favorite comedians.

Why can't it lead to a series of matches between Brock Lesnar and various structures?

Ā 

TONIGHT ONLY: BROCK LESNAR PUTS HIS TITLE ON THE LINE AGAINST THE MR. FREEZE ROLLERCOASTER AT SIX FLAGS OVER ARLINGTON AND THE DOME FROM BIODOME IN A TRIPLE THREAT MATCH!!!!

Ā 

Cole: For those of you on Twitter you may have heard that even as he's preparing for this triple threat match, Brock Lesnar has been called out by the Sydney Opera House and that giant yellow ball from the 1982 World's Fair in Knoxville Tennessee!

Ā 

Lawler:Ā  Wow, that is an unexpected alliance?

Ā 

Cole: Mismatched partners are always a wild card, Jerry!

Ā 

Ridiculous. You'd never get that level of analysis from Cole and Lawler.

I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere but it looks like DISH Network is dropping the Elimination Chamber PPV.

Ā 

Shots fired about the network. And a really dumb shot at that. The short-term loss in order to punish the WWE is really not worth it.

Really all it's gonna do is ensure that your subscribers get the WWE network and don't order ppv's from you anymore. "DISH won't let me see the elimination chamber? but if I pay WWE $10 a month I can watch PPV's for free well I know what I'm gonna do." Maybe instead of a little fit DISH could do something to try to entice it's customers to use it's services, crazy ideas I know.