DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

If the Chamber match were to come down to Cena and Orton with Orton retaining because of outside interference from the Wyatts it'd be about the least interesting outcome they could do.

1. Nobody wants to see Cena/Orton at the end.

2. Nobody wants a fuck finish.

3. Nobody wants Orton/Batista at WM.

If the Wyatts attacked Cena in the beginning of the match it might be more interesting. It makes the finish less obvious and might produce a real winner instead of Orton lucking his way into another victory.

If the Chamber match were to come down to Cena and Orton with Orton retaining because of outside interference from the Wyatts it'd be about the least interesting outcome they could do.

1. Nobody wants to see Cena/Orton at the end.

2. Nobody wants a fuck finish.

3. Nobody wants Orton/Batista at WM.

If the Wyatts attacked Cena in the beginning of the match it might be more interesting. It makes the finish less obvious and might produce a real winner instead of Orton lucking his way into another victory.

I think it's going to be hard to produce a finish that the arena crowd wants to see, to be honest. Cesaro and Christian aren't winning. Would the crowd be fine with a Sheamus victory? I feel like the answer to that is "no." I like Cena a ton, but no one really wants to see him as champ, nor Orton. Now, if they did something nutty like had the Wyatts attack Cena and have Bray take his place, then win the thing, that would be so weird no one would crap on it...but I don't see how they would even go on from there unless they had a Corporate Ministry-redux with HHH and Stephanie teaming with cult leader Bray Wyatt.

Or they could just have Bryan win, but that is not going to happen either. 

At least the match itself is going to be really good. 

If I had to rank the guys from best to worst in terms of how the crowd would react to them winning I'd probably go..

1. Bryan

2. Cesaro

3. Bray Wyatt is placed in the match and wins

4. Brock Lesnar is placed in the match and wins

5. Christian

6. Cena/Sheamus

7. Anyone else on the roster or anyone returning from out of nowhere including Too Cool, Rikishi, etc.. anyone except Batista

8. Orton

9. Batista

I really think Batista/Orton are probably the two most "go away" people on the roster right now. Which is unfortunate.. because I like Orton and he's been very good the last couple weeks. Batista I'm finding difficult to root for.. or want to see at all..

"Hey man, like I said, I have no problem with you.."  

What? So what was that about on Twitter? What are you even talking about Drax?

Oh shit, what if Punk returns and wins?  THAT'D be something...  not because I love Punk but it'd be a hell of a work I suppose..  or they could make believe it was a work..

Yeah, if Punk showed up and somehow got into the Chamber, then won, that would definitely make up for it for the crowd and a number of the fans. That's about the only guy I can think of that isn't currently in the Chamber and is a plausible substitute that would work. 

Have Punk interfere in the Chamber and cost Bryan the match because he is jealous that Bryan has become the true voice of the voiceless.  I would love to see the crowd react to that.

Fantastic idea. Plus, Punk and Bryan have good chemistry and would have a good match at WM together. I'd rather see it for the gold with Bryan as champ this time around, but yeah, that would be great to just utterly conflict the crowd. 

I doubt it will happen, but who knows?

I'm kinda hoping that Ben shows up and somehow injects Bunkhouse Buck into the Elimination Chamber because I always end up watching Bunkhouse Buck matches from Worldwide and Saturday Night and thinking, "Hey, yeah...this could work."

I really think Batista/Orton are probably the two most "go away" people on the roster right now. Which is unfortunate.. because I like Orton and he's been very good the last couple weeks. Batista I'm finding difficult to root for.. or want to see at all..

Although I don't want to see Batista or Orton in the main event of Wrestlemania, or as WWE Champion, I would take either one of them over Alberto Del Rio. I know that much.

• Like 3

Have Punk interfere in the Chamber and cost Bryan the match because he is jealous that Bryan has become the true voice of the voiceless.  I would love to see the crowd react to that.

We're starting to push the limit on "people turn on Bryan costing him his big shot" here.  There's a point at which it becomes his thing...like Taker's streak didn't start as a streak, but at some point it became his thing.  Let's not make this Bryan's thing.  Sting can keep it, eh?

• Like 1

We're starting to push the limit on "people turn on Bryan costing him his big shot" here.  There's a point at which it becomes his thing...like Taker's streak didn't start as a streak, but at some point it became his thing.  Let's not make this Bryan's thing.  Sting can keep it, eh?

Wait, are you saying that you want Sting to cost Bryan his shot?

Why is Batista a face anyways? They need main event heels more than main event faces. Batista is much more entertaining as a heel. Is it really because of the Guardians of the Galaxy movie? Why the fuck would the WWE care if Batista needs to be a face to market the movie? They don't have a stake in its success.

I think he'll be a bad guy again soon enough. I think it's kinda tough to bring back a big name & have them get booed right out the gates, people are always gonna pop for superstars they recognize.

After the Rumble though, I think he could have easily been a bad guy! :lol:

We'll see what happens after Wrestlemania, I suppose.

Because you make more money as a face (merch) so it was probably one of Batista's conditions to come back.

Oh, yeah, you're probably right about that. But there's about to be an avalanche of GotG merch coming, so he's not going to be hurting for royalties.

Because you make more money as a face (merch) so it was probably one of Batista's conditions to come back.

Oh, yeah, you're probably right about that. But there's about to be an avalanche of GotG merch coming, so he's not going to be hurting for royalties.

Have you ever known anyone in pro wrestling or any entertainment to say "Know what? I got enough money. I don't need anymore."? Well, I guess Punk is now, in a roundabout way.

If you want a heel Batista run, is it better to bring him in as a heel right away, or is it better to bring him in as a face, knowing you plan on turning him down the line?

I think the best story they can tell is to have Daniel Bryan come out of the Elimination Chamber as champion and have Batista defeat him at Wrestlemania by nefarious means, turning heel and being backed by the machine as the new "face of the WWE", setting up a summer of Bryan chasing the belt title.  That goes against the traditional desire to have the heel lose at Wrestlemania and the reported desire of Vince to see tens of thousands chanting "Yes!" at Wrestlemania, but that is the story that would most interest me that I can piece together from what we have been given so far.

Is this a regular thing. It's the first time I've heard this theorized about someone. Have other part timers been known to stipulate this?

I'm just speculating, but I think it makes sense.

Didn't The Authority promise Lesnar a title shot?  Whatever the case, he should show up at Elimination Chamber and take Bryan's spot.  Like Bryan's the last man to enter and Lesnar shows up and takes him out as soon as he exits his pod and goes on to beat Orton for the title.

Next night, Authority declare Lesnar new face of WWE.  Bryan demands his rightful title shot.  Authority puts up Batista's shot.  Orton costs Batista the match.  Table set for WrestleMania with:

- Bryan challenging Lesnar for the WHC

- Batista vs. Orton in some kind of street fight with Triple H as special ref to keep him out of the main

- IC Flag Match: Toni w/ Zeb challenging Bigg Hoss w/ Bunkhouse Buck & The Stud Stable Soaring Eagle

- Cena vs. Wyatt.  Austin can drive Hogan (or Warrior) down on his ATV to run off Harper and Rowan

- Shield vs. Big E, Sting, Undertaker.  Big E accompanied to the ring by new RoboCop.

And I guess some kind of multi-team match for the Tag Titles.  I can't imagine the New Age Outlaws defending the titles at WrestleMania in 2014 though.

I think as long as Jarrett resists the urge to call Russo, and brings in maybe Scott D'amore to book, I think it can be good.  You already know AJ Styles is going to be brought in as the top guy, but there are some really good talents out there still.

I'd feel a lot better about a Jarrett start-up if him and D'Amore didn't overbook the shit out of that Magnus/Styles match on his way out.  As is, I'm just expecting another company just like TNA but on a different Viacom channel.