DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Reminds me of when there was the "R.I.P. Mike Graham" thread and it had like 10 posts of "I don't wanna speak ill of the dead so I'll say nothing". Not a beloved guy.

If I 'like' this post, people will assume I like that he's dead, and not that he wasn't beloved, won't they....

I'm watching "The Rise and Fall of WCW", and who the fuck is Mike Graham to criticize Jeff Jarrett for not being a draw? Mike Graham couldn't draw money with a green crayon. Fuck him.

So, there's a tiny number of people who are allowed to criticize Jeff Jarrett for not being a draw?

I'm watching "The Rise and Fall of WCW", and who the fuck is Mike Graham to criticize Jeff Jarrett for not being a draw? Mike Graham couldn't draw money with a green crayon. Fuck him.

So, there's a tiny number of people who are allowed to criticize Jeff Jarrett for not being a draw?

If there is, Mike Graham isn't in it. 

Mike Graham was a charter member of the Nick Gulas "Daddy Said Sell!" Club. There's a reason Eddie Graham considered Dusty Rhodes his "wrestling son," and not Mike...

If there is, Mike Graham isn't in it. 

Mike Graham was a charter member of the Nick Gulas "Daddy Said Sell!" Club. There's a reason Eddie Graham considered Dusty Rhodes his "wrestling son," and not Mike...

Well, my point is, using that criterion, there's no one who posts on this board who is allowed to criticize anyone for not being a draw,  (Maybe FSW?)

I get it. Like when Lance Storm says no one who hasn't worked can criticize workers?

Idk if I agree with that or not, but wherever the dividing line is between guys who can and can't criticize someone for not drawing money, Mike Graham is on the "can't" side of it...

its one of those things where it seems that the guys who have drawn actual money like Austin, The Rock and others dont really ever go "so and so never drew rah rah rah" its always guys like Mike Graham who always bring those type of things up. 

• Like 1

Before On-Demand ended they were showing Raws with the NWA angle and I have to say it was one of the bright spots of the show. It was a really nice and fun change of pace from the other shit that they were doing then, I wish they would've gotten a bigger push to see them mix it up with the Attitude guys.

Flair has problems though Im a big fan of Flair in the in ring hes one of the best but outside of the ring he seems very unhappy and comes off as a prick. I get it everybody was mean to him but come on, does he have to be jerk.

Before On-Demand ended they were showing Raws with the NWA angle and I have to say it was one of the bright spots of the show. It was a really nice and fun change of pace from the other shit that they were doing then, I wish they would've gotten a bigger push to see them mix it up with the Attitude guys.

I loved Dan Severn as NWA Champion in late 90s WWF. It was fun stuff. I'm pretty sure on the old board I posted some Severn matches from the B-shows where he just straight up murders jobbers and lower level talent with suplexes and stiff shots.

Maybe Mike Graham knows how to recognize failure because he sees it in the mirror every day.

I'd buy that. Like that time on some random episode of Superstars where Gorilla Monsoon told Bobby Heenan he was an idiot.

Heenan responded with "you're the authority."

Flair has problems though Im a big fan of Flair in the in ring hes one of the best but outside of the ring he seems very unhappy and comes off as a prick. I get it everybody was mean to him but come on, does he have to be jerk.

You'd be a bitter old drunk too if you spent $30 million even though you only made $20. Plus three divorces in a span of ten years will make anyone miserable.

You'd be a bitter old drunk too if you spent $30 million even though you only made $20. Plus three divorces in a span of ten years will make anyone miserable.

I get it he made bad choices and is paying for them but does that mean he gets to be a jerk. when iwas like 11-12 actually up until his exploits after his Wrestlemania retirement Ric Flair was the man to me he had the look he could talk the talk and in the ring he more then walked the walk then he left the machine and had no filter and he just started coming off as a miserable old coot. 

This might get me some shit but I look at guys like Hogan and Flair and even with all the accolades they have had train wrecks of personal lives marriages fall apart children making terrible decisions and all that. While a guy like Tommy Dreamer who never had the look or a career of a FLair and Hogan but he is still happily married (to a penthouse pet none the less) saved his money did his thing in wrestling had a successful career and has adjusted very well to live outside of wrestling. The older I get the more I look up to a guy like Tommy Dreamer then I do a Ric Flair. And Ric was one of my heros.

• Like 2

Tommy is one of my all time favorites. I'm glad that he can enjoy the golden years of his wrestling career with out having to kill himself on every two bit Indy show. As much as I love Ric Flair, it's sad to see what he became over the last ten years. From his body breaking down to all his financial woes.

You are right though. It's not an excuse for being a jerk. I should have made a note of that. Just because he's a miserable old coot, it doesn't mean he should be a dick to everyone.

Wasn't Jarrett basically a comedy act on his way out of the WWE? IC Champ sure but at that point the belt was sort of a novelty to experiment with Chyna's drawing power. Losing a "good housekeeping match" to her in his last match is close enough to comedy for me. Nobody wanted the likes of Chyna or Jarrett near the World Title at any time in the WWE but at least Chyna was given the belt as a sort of a trial whereas a guy like Jarrett was simply maxing out his upward mobility at that section of the midcard. As for Stone Cold nixing a program with Jarrett, there was as little reason or interest for a Stone Cold/Jarrett program as there was him feuding with Road Dogg or Billy Gunn. Jarrett was just some midcard cracker not worth Austin's time.

So what does idiot Vince Russo do to make WCW look as bush league as possible? Give this corny wannabe badass version of Jarrett (with side of HTM tribute act) a bunch of short World Title runs to devalue that belt as much as possible. Come to think of it the WCW Title might as well have been the USWA Unified Championship the way it switched from week to week and sometimes hour to hour.

Between that and the way Bret Hart bounced between face and heel and up and down the card from World Title to US Title level Russo sure was the drizzling shits at utilizing these guys he'd already booked in the WWE.

• Like 1

There's terrible promotion then there's TNA's promotion

TNA needs to go out of business so Vince can buy it, take its library and release a "Rise and Fall of TNA" DVD. I can only imagine what/who Vince would include.

Why would Vince release a DVD that 2,000 people would buy?

Wasn't Jarrett basically a comedy act on his way out of the WWE? IC Champ sure but at that point the belt was sort of a novelty to experiment with Chyna's drawing power. Losing a "good housekeeping match" to her in his last match is close enough to comedy for me. Nobody wanted the likes of Chyna or Jarrett near the World Title at any time in the WWE but at least Chyna was given the belt as a sort of a trial whereas a guy like Jarrett was simply maxing out his upward mobility at that section of the midcard. As for Stone Cold nixing a program with Jarrett, there was as little reason or interest for a Stone Cold/Jarrett program as there was him feuding with Road Dogg or Billy Gunn. Jarrett was just some midcard cracker not worth Austin's time.

So what does idiot Vince Russo do to make WCW look as bush league as possible? Give this corny wannabe badass version of Jarrett (with side of HTM tribute act) a bunch of short World Title runs to devalue that belt as much as possible. Come to think of it the WCW Title might as well have been the USWA Unified Championship the way it switched from week to week and sometimes hour to hour.

Between that and the way Bret Hart bounced between face and heel and from World Title to US Title level Russo sure was the drizzling shits at utilizing these guys he'd already booked in the WWE.

^ This is a good example of revisionist history. 

In 1999, Jarrett was very over as Intercontinental Champion. He had just come off a tag team with Owen Hart that was pretty over and had feuded with Edge and D'Lo Brown over the summer. The woman beater gimmick only really started in the last 2 months of his run in the WWF. I honestly can't think of a time when Jarrett was given a chance to work in the upper card during his WWF tenure. In 2000 WCW, Jarrett was one of the few bright spots and get shafted because he's so closely associated with the shitstorm that was WCW 2000. 

As for Chyna, she was briefly the #1 contender for the WWF Championship in August of that year and went on to feud with Chris Jericho after the Jarrett feud. The whole point of that feud was Chyna rising above the patriarchy and defeating the asshole.

Why would Vince release a DVD that 2,000 people would buy?

Special on the Network perhaps?