DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The one where instead of Luger finally beating Flair, who had jumped ship to WWF at this time, fans get subjected to probably one of the top three worst shows of all time? Barry Windham, perenial midcarder is suddenly #1 contender? Luger randomly turns heel with Harley Race? Where the crowd chants WE WANT FLAIR the entire show? Yeah, that is odd it is on TWO sets now.

I distinctly remember being a kid then and thinking to myself, "Wait, does this mean I'm supposed to like Barry Windham now?"

The one where instead of Luger finally beating Flair, who had jumped ship to WWF at this time, fans get subjected to probably one of the top three worst shows of all time? Barry Windham, perenial midcarder is suddenly #1 contender? Luger randomly turns heel with Harley Race? Where the crowd chants WE WANT FLAIR the entire show? Yeah, that is odd it is on TWO sets now.

I distinctly remember being a kid then and thinking to myself, "Wait, does this mean I'm supposed to like Barry Windham now?"

And of course the answer was "YOU WILL ALWAYS LIKE BARRY WINDHAM!" Ah Barry, the top 5 elite super worker who's prime lasted about 10 minutes.

And I am NOT disrespecting BW at all. One of my all time favorite wrestlers EVER. When I was a young true believer I was devastated that he would cast his lot with the evil Four Horsemen. Although it's considered borderline sacrilege in some circles, I'd almost rather watch Flair vs. Windham than Flair vs. Steamboat.

• Like 1

Meltzer reported that Angle's MRI showed his ACL is totally gone. Like, he's been wrestling without one.

Most cases I would say, 'No frigging way!That's not even possible!" But this is Kurt Angle we're talking about.

He mentioned a couple other wrestlers who did the same (Michaels), but didn't mention Victoria/Tara.

Is it possible that Angle has used so many chemicals that he's becoming some sort of super-human. You know, Hulk and gamma rays, Superman and the rays of a yellow sun, Chevy Chase and cocaine...

• Like 1

Meltzer reported that Angle's MRI showed his ACL is totally gone. Like, he's been wrestling without one.

Most cases I would say, 'No frigging way!That's not even possible!" But this is Kurt Angle we're talking about.

He mentioned a couple other wrestlers who did the same (Michaels), but didn't mention Victoria/Tara.

Didn't Stone Cold tell Victoria she could wrestle with just the knee brace so she wouldn't have to get the ACL surgery?

It is so Kurt Angle to wrestle with no ACL. That "what, I tear my quad all the time...I did it yesterday" line is becoming painfully true.

• Like 2

So what did The Stalker do? it seemed to be militant themed.

I may have told this story on this board before, but I was there live for the In Your House: Buried Alive PPV.  There was a dark match that featured Justin Hawk Bradshaw vs. The Stalker.  But by this time, Barry seemed to give not one single fuck and came to the ring wearing a WWF T shirt, tennis shoes, and orange camouflage Zubaz looking pants.  Being a big Barry Windham fan, that was kind of a bummer to see. 

• Like 1