DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

You've only just discovered Kurt Angle's movies?

No. The OH SHIT was for Robert Z'Dar, didn't know they costarred together.

I could have sworn him and Hogan did a movie together for that guy and the trailer is out there somewhere, but it's not listed on Hulkster's IMDB page.

I do apologize if someone else has posted this. I did run a search: http://thebiglead.com/2014/02/11/supposed-hot-mic-before-wwe-raw-reveals-announcers-purported-disdain-for-cm-punk-fans/

I don't think it's a work, but the corny "Go A-Way" crack sounds like something that would be in an actual script, which is enough to cause debate. 

Is there any chance of them doing a 30-man battle royal, featuring stars of past and present, at Wrestlemania XXX? Or have 30 lumberjacks from past and present surround the ring for a NAO-Usos title match to give a bunch of people a pay day? Or some sort of 30-participant event?

Wasn't there a trailer for some movie that was gonna star DDP and Hogan where Hogan was going to play a serial killer or something like that?

Get out of my dreams!

There's a trailer...well a teaser. Either the film was made and they couldn't find distrubution or it never got beyond some pre-production.

And Hogan was the killer...BROTHER.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/929167-tna-news-hulk-hogan-playing-serial-killer-in-new-movie

May be beating a dead horse with this post but watching the attitude era for the fist time, I think they should go back to giving everyone in the card angles. Sure back then most of the time the angles were bad but even the dumb ones sometimes led to success. For example the Terri Runnels Invitational Tournament, was just a dumb excuse to have a tournament with the acronym of TIT and for goofy sexual innuendo between Terry and Lawler but it led to 4 of the most over wrestlers of the 2000s (Hardys and E and C) because it gave them a reason to have that ladder match at No Mercy. Nowadays most  of the undercard isn't over at all and I think that's because they have no storylines and thus the crowd has no reason to care for them. I don't remember the last time Big E Langston had a storyline and he's the IC champ and seen as one of the future big stars of the company.

Edit: Also why do they put the best interviews, promos, in skits on the App. No one watches that, at least show them at the arena during commercials instead of a million WWE network commercials.

• Like 2

Wasn't there a trailer for some movie that was gonna star DDP and Hogan where Hogan was going to play a serial killer or something like that?

Get out of my dreams!

There's a trailer...well a teaser. Either the film was made and they couldn't find distrubution or it never got beyond some pre-production.

And Hogan was the killer...BROTHER.

Reported: Spoiler

Something I thought about recently regarding Vince Russo. During the Jericho podcast with Chavo, Jericho said (which he's said many other times before) that during the Monday Night Wars, WWF's main events blew WCW out of the water, but their under-card was shit, while WCW had a fantastic under-card but shit main events. Russo is credited with booking most of the under card in WWF. Eventually, Russo went to WCW and started booking the whole show. This took away the fantastic under card WCW had going for it, making the entire show - not just the main events - overbooked crap. This removed the few bright spots of WCW programming and eventually led to the end of WCW. Russo killed WCW.

Looking forward to the annual return of The Undertaker at this time of year. Wonder how Undertaker looks physically and who he'll be wrestling at WrestleMania XXX? The Streak is so valuable.

Prior to last WM he was recovering from a major shoulder surgery and the WM prior to that WM I think he had a few operations, so I think this year he has had a little more time to actually get in shape rather the spending half the time recuperating from surgeries so I imagine he might look better than last year.
  • Like 1

Looking forward to the annual return of The Undertaker at this time of year. Wonder how Undertaker looks physically and who he'll be wrestling at WrestleMania XXX? The Streak is so valuable.

Prior to last WM he was recovering from a major shoulder surgery and the WM prior to that WM I think he had a few operations, so I think this year he has had a little more time to actually get in shape rather the spending half the time recuperating from surgeries so I imagine he might look better than last year.

Cheers, Ziggy.

Im not really a fan of Wiz Khalifa but I think is cool that he is going to feature R-Truth on a track on his album. he could easily got Cena instead.

It wasn't that long ago where lower card WWE guys were not getting TV gigs, because a show would come to the company saying they wanted lowcard wrestler X and WWE would come back saying that they couldn't have him but they could have Randy Orton or whoever. 

I remember none of the specifics of this, mind you.

Im not really a fan of Wiz Khalifa but I think is cool that he is going to feature R-Truth on a track on his album. he could easily got Cena instead.

It wasn't that long ago where lower card WWE guys were not getting TV gigs, because a show would come to the company saying they wanted lowcard wrestler X and WWE would come back saying that they couldn't have him but they could have Randy Orton or whoever. 

I think this was something to do with Under Armour and Chavo Guererro or something.

I think this was something to do with Under Armour and Chavo Guererro or something.

In his book, Bob Holly said that someone called up WWE asking if Test could appear in a movie but WWE said he was busy and they needed him for tv then proceeded to not use him at all throughout the whole time he would've been shooting.

Oh, was unaware they put one of the guys behind Santa With Muscles in prison for fraud. I'm guessing they didn't cover that in the Wolf movie.

What's the record for most pro wrestlers cast in a non-pro wrestling film? I count 5 in The Sandler Longest Yard (Goldberg, Sapp, Khali, Nash, Austin).

Macgruber had 6

So did Micki & Maude. (Andre, John Studd, Hard Boiled Haggerty, Jay Strongbow, Gene LeBell, Jack "Wildman" Armstrong)