DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I love how Orton going AWOL from marines basically handed Miz an acting career.

He got his part in the Marine 3 after military people complained about Orton, who was originally cast, that led to Miz getting tight with the people in WWE studios and getting his role in Christmas Bounty and now he's in this new film.

Miz = the one person happy that Orton is an immature dick. 

I was saddened to hear the truly awful Jai Courtney is up for the role of Kyle Reese in the next Terminator movie.

Come on, Hollywood execs: Miz is right there.

who do I have to e-mail to get them to cast The Great Khali as the Terminator in the next Terminator movie?

even better idea: Ranjin Singh gueststars as The Terminator's translator

• Like 1

speaking of Great Khali movies, here's a quote from the entry for "Ramaa: The Saviour"

Ramaa: The Saviour is a 2010 Bollywood fantasy action adventure film film produced by Paul London, written by Reshu Nath and directed by Hadi Ali Abrar. The film stars Sahil Khan and Tanushree Dutta and features the WWE wrestler, The Great Khali in his second Indian movie after Kushti.

I'm about 115% sure that's not true. Someone put Paul London into the entry in 2010 and nobody really cared enough to correct it.

speaking of Great Khali movies, here's a quote from the entry for "Ramaa: The Saviour"

Ramaa: The Saviour is a 2010 Bollywood fantasy action adventure film film produced by Paul London, written by Reshu Nath and directed by Hadi Ali Abrar. The film stars Sahil Khan and Tanushree Dutta and features the WWE wrestler, The Great Khali in his second Indian movie after Kushti.

I'm about 115% sure that's not true. Someone put Paul London into the entry in 2010 and nobody really cared enough to correct it.

Even if it's true. Jordan Belfort (yes, THAT Jordan Belfort) producing Santa Claus with Muscles and The Secret Agent's Club is still the most "random wrestling movie credit"  ever.

Oh, was unaware they put one of the guys behind Santa With Muscles in prison for fraud. I'm guessing they didn't cover that in the Wolf movie.

What's the record for most pro wrestlers cast in a non-pro wrestling film? I count 5 in The Sandler Longest Yard (Goldberg, Sapp, Khali, Nash, Austin).

I know that YT links are traditionally frowned upon in the omnibus, but I need to share this Kevin Nash shoot. It's from 2012, but I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned here, and this is the first I'm seeing it.

The interviewer here is pretty comical for a couple reasons. But holy shit, the balls on that guy. Just really going nuts with the steroid stuff towards the middle-to-end.

Paul does, however, have this project that looks amazing: 

Oh, was unaware they put one of the guys behind Santa With Muscles in prison for fraud. I'm guessing they didn't cover that in the Wolf movie.

They should have mentioned it. It could have been a pivotal scene:

"I've decided to invest in a Hulk Hogan movie."

"Jordan, man. You've finally hit rock bottom."

They should have mentioned it. It could have been a pivotal scene:

"I've decided to invest in a Hulk Hogan movie."

"Jordan, man. You've finally hit rock bottom."

as long as they invested enough money in makeup, they could have passed 60yo+ Hogan off as 43yo Hogan

WWE films idea: a movie inspired by the NWO invasion of WCW where the WWF is actually backing Hall/Nash. Probably a better concept than some of their movies that were made

• Like 1

This B-Movie director, Bruce Koehler, always has wrestlers in his movies.

Check this one out, starring Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Sid, and Glacier:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1421049/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_8

It probably has way more wrestlers but they're credited by their real names.

OH SHIT

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1628069/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

THAT one has fucking Robert Z'Dar in it with Kurt Angle, Rhyno, Sid, Matt Morgan, James Storm, and probably more.

STUNT COORDINATOR KURT ANGLE.

if the WWE still had managers, the Miz could be just as useful managing as he is wrestling.

Also, here's a Flappy Bird inspired game where my high score is TWO, it's on r/sc: Flappy Bryan

They *TOTALLY* missed out on Triple H coming out of the first pipe to make sure you never ever score even 1.

You've only just discovered Kurt Angle's movies?

No. The OH SHIT was for Robert Z'Dar, didn't know they costarred together.

I could have sworn him and Hogan did a movie together for that guy and the trailer is out there somewhere, but it's not listed on Hulkster's IMDB page.

I do apologize if someone else has posted this. I did run a search: http://thebiglead.com/2014/02/11/supposed-hot-mic-before-wwe-raw-reveals-announcers-purported-disdain-for-cm-punk-fans/

I don't think it's a work, but the corny "Go A-Way" crack sounds like something that would be in an actual script, which is enough to cause debate. 

Is there any chance of them doing a 30-man battle royal, featuring stars of past and present, at Wrestlemania XXX? Or have 30 lumberjacks from past and present surround the ring for a NAO-Usos title match to give a bunch of people a pay day? Or some sort of 30-participant event?