DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Hey guys! Stacy Kiebler might come back to the WWE!

Internet Wrestling Fan: How does this make money for someone else?

Normal Fucking People: Sweet! More Stacy Kiebler in my life!

Jae - you know better than to use logic

If you look age wise then these guys would still be in their 30's at the time of WXXX:

Brock Lesnar, Matt Hardy, Rey Mysterio, Brian Kendrick, Batista, Jamie Knoble, Billy Kidman, Haas, Benjamin, John Cena, Rhyno, Randy Orton, LA Resistance, Christian, Edge

yes, no, maybe, no, yes, no, no, no, no, yes, no, yes, non, probably, no. That's 6 possible yes's out of 16 names. Nevermind the shitty math that put Batista in his 30s in 2014.

6 of 16 is solid

Not only that, but he correctly identified 16 wrestlers who are still alive over ten years later.  THAT is amazing.

• Like 3

CM Punk should show his respect for the boys in the back by coming out on Raw for one final time and allowing every WWE Superstar and Diva come to the ring and apply their finishing maneuver on him all the way down to someone named JoJo that 411mania keeps telling me about and Hornswoggle. Why did I expect my spell check to help me with Hornswoggle?

I saw her last week hosting Vh1's pre-Super Bowl concerts. She was kinda meh-worthy.

I never liked Kielber so this would be a pretty shitty move to me.

Based primarily on pure hometown-indy bias, I marked out for the Submission Squad cameo at National Pro Wrestling Day. Some underrated guys in that group.

One incredibly underrated guy was a former member of that group ;)

Dingo or Nick Tyson?

http://www.maxim.com/sports/the-5-best-and-5-worst-wrestling-finishing-moves-chosen-chris-jericho

Interesting points about the Pedigree, and 100% agreed about Konnan's shitty finish

I completely disagree about the Go To Sleep, though.  I've never liked the move, no matter who was doing it, because I always felt the guy selling it looked like a moron because half the time, he lands on his feet, then has to fall over backwards.  Also, a big boo to including the RKO and not the Diamond Cutter which was much more versatile and exciting.

Yeah I agree about the G2S, fuck that move. It's crappy considering Jericho has worked everywhere and seen it all and all but one of the finishes is from a WWE wrestler. I mean, didn't he shit on the Thunder Fire Powerbomb in his book? That would be an easy story.

Kenny Dykstra sold the GTS in such a way that it looked great.  But yeah, even when KENTA does it, it's not terribly hurty-looking.

Based primarily on pure hometown-indy bias, I marked out for the Submission Squad cameo at National Pro Wrestling Day. Some underrated guys in that group.

One incredibly underrated guy was a former member of that group ;)

Dingo or Nick Tyson?

Never heard of 'em. The other guy.

There's a lot of the US Magazine/"Keeping Up with the Kardashians"/TMZ crowd who know Stacy Kiebler used to be a "wrestler" or whatever, but don't really know about that as much as she's George Clooney's ex. Now she's having to "demean" herself by taking a big contract to go back to "rasslin?" How will that play out? Let's tune in to this E! reality show and find out.

They're not gonna pay her $20 million a year to do whatever she does, because she's not really gonna do much. And she could get them a ton more mainstream publicity than one primetime commercial on any network - if they sign her, it'll be all over the place for a couple of days, reaching a lot of eyeballs who don't normally enjoy the stuffing.

Sure, I'd like to see more of her, but this is a smart move for WWE. Now if this were TNA and they were spending their last million on her, it might not be so bright, but Vince has money to burn.

Stacy Keibler is way more famous than anyone on the WWE roster right now. She's real-world famous and not wrestling famous. If all they get out of it are things like "WWE personality Stacy Kiebler is seen here..." in People Magazine or whatever it's worth it. She's essentially a walking version of a billboard advertisement at a baseball game -- eyeballs to the brand.

• Like 2