DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Chikara's porpuse was to run the angle. They made people donate to a legit cause in order to get some extra stars on the show. They will take care of Colt, I'm sure. He was payed last year and he was clued in about the angle, his original match with Gulak was the final match of Wrestling is Art.

But while last year NPWD had lots of participation and all the money went to SMV and the organization, this time virtually every worker minus Bennett, Maria and Sonjay were part of the CHIKARA contingent. And it had a legit cause! Now, the goal of the show was to promote CHIKARA wrestlers and characters and not to sensibility people about Malaria. The only Malaria talk was "we're such great people, we're saving children! We saved 1000 children yay!"

Most wrestlers had no interest working the show because they understood that it was really just a way to promote Chikara. Sonjay and Bennett were talked into working for free for a charitable cause and they ended up working hard and having good matches for free, strengthening a show that was designed to highlight CHIKARA.

I don't think they care, because in the end of the day the helped a good cause. I just wonder if they were clued in about what the show was really about. 

Chikara's porpuse was to run the angle. 

I'm just going to throw this out there with no context because I have no idea what it means:

I add a lot to the proceedings. I really do.

Bryan Alvarez once went on a rant about how if wrestling would ever get their shit together (not just WWE, but TNA, ROH and others), they could make tons of money, and ergo his site would make tons of money from the new fans it would create.  And in his little rant, he went off that he would have enough money to buy a gold boat.   He didn't even want a gold boat, but he could have one, just because.  So people started sending him gold boats.  I think that's the gist of it.

• Like 3

With reports that Punk is basically on radio silence, this has kind of turned my thinking from "pissed off guy walks out on job" to a "guy in really bad place mentally who can't deal with shit anymore."

Not saying that he's in some dark, dark place or anything, but whenever you just abruptly uproot your whole life and more or less cut off the people you need to be talking to, that's not a good sign.

It's reminiscent of the Austin deal when everyone just thought it was an indictment of shitty WWE creative, but, aside from that, Austin was drinking too much, his marriage was collapsing, and he realized his neck was fucked up.

According to F4WOnline.com, Bray Wyatt writes all of his promos himself, and then submits them to the WWE creative team for edits and final approval.

I don't see this anywhere but if true, I can't say I'm surprised. It's always seemed to me, the less creative is involved the better.

With reports that Punk is basically on radio silence, this has kind of turned my thinking from "pissed off guy walks out on job" to a "guy in really bad place mentally who can't deal with shit anymore."

Not saying that he's in some dark, dark place or anything, but whenever you just abruptly uproot your whole life and more or less cut off the people you need to be talking to, that's not a good sign.

It's reminiscent of the Austin deal when everyone just thought it was an indictment of shitty WWE creative, but, aside from that, Austin was drinking too much, his marriage was collapsing, and he realized his neck was fucked up.

The thing I find reminiscent is how HHH reportedly going through the motions of being professional while Vince deals with Punk reminds me of Kevin Sullivan reportedly putting up at least a facade of being professional with Chris Benoit.

I've read the report that Punk lost his smile because he wasn't going to be in the main event at Wrestlemania. Maybe if the fans had gotten behind his last heel turn and booed him like they have booed no other in recent years, he would have gotten that match. So, really, it's all the fans' fault.

• Like 1

According to F4WOnline.com, Bray Wyatt writes all of his promos himself, and then submits them to the WWE creative team for edits and final approval.

I don't see this anywhere but if true, I can't say I'm surprised. It's always seemed to me, the less creative is involved the better.

If there is one thing wrestling (WWE) DESPERATELY needs, it's that.

To me the "DAN-IEL BRY-AN!" make sense. The fans would like to see him in the world title picture and/or are tired of the same old faces at the top.

I don't get why people would be chanting for CM Punk. For all we know, he may have walked out over a money dispute or because he's banged up or any number of reasons. How would that be any of our business?