DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Here's a picture from PWInsider with Cena's eye being swollen shut.

BfgbXoMIYAA3znJ.jpg

Somewhere Bill Watts is saying "if he's well enough to take his Bella to lunch he's well enough work his matches".

Dr.%20Death.jpg

108 stitches and worked the next show

I have no idea what the hell just happened, even after reading what Bald Bombshell wrote. I'm so outta touch with the U.S. Indies. Ha Ha! Some of those masks were pretty damn cool though.

I had no idea who most of those heels were.

Also, didn't see the Delorean bit, but they had smoke coming from one of the entrances.

There was also a "we want quack" but he (as himself) did not make an appearance.

But there was a Jervis Cottonbelly sighting!

I think Quack knows that he shouldn't be a hero in the angle since it's pretty much his fault that CHIKARA went down. Also, in storyline he declined joining the army.

Has the non-kayfabe reason as to why Chikara went down for a while ever actually come to light?

The most common theory is that Quack was having marital issues and much of Chikara was owned for legal purposes by his wife, so they had to wait until assets were divided and such to see if he could still use the name, run the same venues, etc.

If you go down the rabbit hole you can find a more sordid account.

I went down the rabbit hole and saw some stuff seemingly written by a DVDVR poster.

Just so you all know, when I win the EsuranceSave30 contest on Twitter and get $1.5M, i'm going to Orlando to propose that I show up in the WWE with a gimmick where i'm just a rich dude who pays superstars to hang out with them, eventually culminating with me assembling an entourage of freeloaders who show up with the Superstar for his matches like it's boxing.

Then eventually they reveal that i've been siphoning off funds from the superstar like i'm Don King with Mike Tyson.

Should be a lo-- oh damnit, everybody else has tweeted that hashtag

Just so you all know, when I win the EsuranceSave30 contest on Twitter and get $1.5M, i'm going to Orlando to propose that I show up in the WWE with a gimmick where i'm just a rich dude who pays superstars to hang out with them, eventually culminating with me assembling an entourage of freeloaders who show up with the Superstar for his matches like it's boxing.

Then eventually they reveal that i've been siphoning off funds from the superstar like i'm Don King with Mike Tyson.

Should be a lo-- oh damnit, everybody else has tweeted that hashtag

Like the guy from Wrestlicious?

I have no idea what the hell just happened, even after reading what Bald Bombshell wrote. I'm so outta touch with the U.S. Indies. Ha Ha! Some of those masks were pretty damn cool though.

I had no idea who most of those heels were.

Also, didn't see the Delorean bit, but they had smoke coming from one of the entrances.

There was also a "we want quack" but he (as himself) did not make an appearance.

But there was a Jervis Cottonbelly sighting!

I think Quack knows that he shouldn't be a hero in the angle since it's pretty much his fault that CHIKARA went down. Also, in storyline he declined joining the army.

Has the non-kayfabe reason as to why Chikara went down for a while ever actually come to light?

The most common theory is that Quack was having marital issues and much of Chikara was owned for legal purposes by his wife, so they had to wait until assets were divided and such to see if he could still use the name, run the same venues, etc.

If you go down the rabbit hole you can find a more sordid account.

I went down the rabbit hole and saw some stuff seemingly written by a DVDVR poster.

The divorce is a sure thing and it's not settled yet, they were thinking about running the May show as Wrestling is Chikara if need be since it will be only fitting anyway.

Regarding Quack being caught banging Saturyne I have no idea if it's true or not but many people seem to believe so and you can notice that she was being super pushed until June and suddenly wasn't used by Quack no more. She now worked a couple of shows as Hania but doesn't seem to be active at all on the scene, so something probably happened there. I think she just wants to move on and draw the least attention possible.

It's funny how any other promotion would think that it would be a good idea to make an angle out of this and having Quack turning heel and become a loose dude who lost everything and who annoys everybody with his OCD madness, but Quack realizes the importance of keeping a respectable name and took the chance to elevate other guys like Icarus, Peck and 3.0.

Really, this was the best example ever of a promotion turning a bad into a good that goes to show that if you have imagination you can get away on the worst scenario. In many ways, CHIKARA is the closest thing ever to ECW being a cult with a strong identity, limited resources, underpaying its workers because they believe in the "cause" and because they know that CHIKARA will help them get over in ways (read gimmicks, characters) that they wouldn't achieve otherwise, and simply put they hide the weaknesses of lots of subpar workers at the same time they mixed them with some pretty good ones.

I like seeing Jimmy Jacobs in the mix. He has been TERRIBLE for most of the last years but seems to be picking up his steam again. He had a good 2013 which he ended with a very good match against Davey Richards. He is a perfect pitch for CHIKARA if he puts his heart into it.  

semi-random note: since Cena was hurt on Saturday night, they changed up some live event stuff to make up for it. Meaning that they went from Cena/Orton - Bryan/Wyatt in a cage to Bryan/Orton in a cage and Bray Wyatt v. The Miz. I suspect two Kofi Kingston matches back to back (beating Sandow and Barrett) was also due to the forces of good being down one guy with Cena out.

So from what I read, Bryan/Orton ended with a cage door slammed in Bryan's face via Wyatt, then an RKO and pin, then Sheamus and the Usos saved Bryan and everybody went home happy and cold.

And the guy writing up the report claims no CM Punk chants.

The B-Show in Lakeland was Big Show/Kane in a cage

I'm sure they'll figure out how to adjust the essentially-irrelevant live events next weekend if Cena is limited. I'm all for Cena/Orton in a blindfold match held in a cage

Bray Wyatt utilizes the Freebird Eye Hair Cream on Cena, and then they determine that the 6th spot of the Elimination Chamber goes to the person who gets the pinfall in the Wyatts/Shield match

Edit: I'd hope the Freebird Eye Cream, when applied to the Eye, wouldn't cause blindness. Hair Cream, on the other hand

Watching National Pro Wrestling Day was the best time I've had as a wrestling fan in a long time. When those Ashes videos started appearing every day, it was pretty clear SOMETHING was going down. I just didn't know it would be fucking huge like that. That was fucking perfect, all the more so because the people in that building were already so clued in & perfectly playing their part during the Kingston match. Then the big confrontation.. Just so perfect, from the AssailANT line in the sand thing to the reveal of the hooded guys to the fucking Delorean pulling up for the ultra goosebump "yes this is really happening" moment.

Also I think a lot of people missed this, but at some point during the melee, 17 got pulled behind the curtain by someone. You'd think Quack..

ps. That wasn't Tursas.

• Like 1

I think it's too bad that they totally missed the money shot of the guys unmasking. I guess we should have a better version soon.

I wonder how Mike Bennett and Sonjay Dutt feel about working for free for a CHIKARA angle.

Well, it was nominally a charity show where they ran the angle. Its not like either or Colt were part of it (that i saw). I think Sonjay and the woman who was at his merch table left during that intergender match, since they walkwd right by me and out the curtain on the hard camera side.