DVDVR Message Board

February 2014 Football thread

The Natural

This is brilliant. Midweek results all went our way. I'm excited to get home and actually watch the game... I tried going spoiler free but it's so difficult to fight the temptation.

But, yeah, FUGGIT! WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!

I'm still here, just haven't felt as inspired to post about United in the past few years. My posts here are almost all Metro related, as I'm more into the team whose games I go to and have long time friends from at this point.

Holy shit Liverpool are in the title race

You're forgetting the good bit. Kieran Richardson can pull his shirt off with his psalms and his John 3:16. Well Gerrard 3:16 says you playing Championship football next season, while we're winning this motherfucker.

ANOTHER RED POSTS HERE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The announcers mentioned this about Ozil-- this is his first season playing in a league without a winter break. This could be why he has fallen off so much the last 2 months.

He's always struggled with consistency due to his slight frame and shitty stamina. I imagine the lack of a break hurts him even more.

The announcers mentioned this about Ozil-- this is his first season playing in a league without a winter break. This could be why he has fallen off so much the last 2 months.

He's always struggled with consistency due to his sleight frame and shitty stamina. I imagine the lack of a break hurts him even more.

Carrying those eyes around is probably tough on the back.

Have to say, based on the last two performances, I hope Fulham can manage to stay up. They took it to us today when I expected them to park the bus, and if it wasn't against Liverpool I would say they deserved something from the game.

Now if only Villa can slide down the table. They've been the most mediocre team in the league for years. At least the other relegation candidates are scrappy or have some personality. Villa are boring as fuck.

Sold on Miami Vice.

I watched uptil the 60 min. mark of Arsenal/United and was enjoying the constant counter attacking, but feel asleep.

Rosicky was horrible in the match though. He was really struggling to complete any passes.

Also Barça played Sociedad to 1-1 draw in the CdR which is enough for Barça to advance to the finals on agg. goals so we get another Real/Barça Clasico in April in the CdR final.

Have to say, based on the last two performances, I hope Fulham can manage to stay up. They took it to us today when I expected them to park the bus, and if it wasn't against Liverpool I would say they deserved something from the game.

Now if only Villa can slide down the table. They've been the most mediocre team in the league for years. At least the other relegation candidates are scrappy or have some personality. Villa are boring as fuck.

Stoke, Villa and Sunderland would be my favourite relegation trio ever.

As long as West Brom stay up I guess I'm happy.

I'd still be cheering Blackpool if, you know, I could actually see those crazy tangerine bastards. I miss them. They were the glorious lost cause, and also played all out attacking football which was completely against the grain of what most overmatched clubs do.

I miss Blackpool as well. But rather than choose an already established club like Arsenal or Man United to cheer, I decided to root on Swansea after they got promoted. They don't play a boring style of football as some of the other meandering EPL sides, and the sooner Aston Villa go down, the better. 

File under: "Da Fuq?"

A 17 year old Cameroonian playing for Lazio has been forced to issue a statement denying that he lied about his age. (he had supposedly made a statement to an african website that he was really 41)

www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26162408

File under: "Da Fuq?"

A 17 year old Cameroonian playing for Lazio has been forced to issue a statement denying that he lied about his age. (he had supposedly made a statement to an african website that he was really 41)

www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26162408

Good follow up article on the wider issue:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26174252