DVDVR Message Board

Riduclous TNA Matches

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, that makeout session between Dutt and SoCal Val at the end of the match is sleazy as hell. 

It was excellent when that happened though. TNA did get some things right... wait, why am I talking about TNA like it's already dead? 

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Flair/Foley

The sad thing about that match is that it happened on the Impact before BFG. Instead of TNA stacking the card and making sure as many tickets are sold to the event as possible...they give that match away on free TV. TNA could have (and should have) removed  Ink Inc vs. Young/Jordan from the BFG show. The Lethal Lockdown match, mainevent, and the Foley/Flair match would have made TNA's 'WrestleMania' into an actual (or as close as possible) "WrestleMania".

Re: Flair/Foley

The sad thing about that match is that it happened on the Impact before BFG. Instead of TNA stacking the card and making sure as many tickets are sold to the event as possible...they give that match away on free TV. TNA could have (and should have) removed  Ink Inc vs. Young/Jordan from the BFG show. The Lethal Lockdown match, mainevent, and the Foley/Flair match would have made TNA's 'WrestleMania' into an actual (or as close as possible) "WrestleMania".

To be fair, wasn't that some sort of special Impact taping? New time, channel or something? Where they needed something big on that card for people to tune in? Tuning into the go-home show is important to the success of a PPV. 

• 1 month later...

Im gonna start this of with Jeff Hardy vs. Scott Hall from Final Resolution 2005 featuring Roddy Piper as "troubleshooting" refferee and Scott Hall in an Elvis jumpsuit.

I know this is from July, but add in Jake Roberts and you can open up a rehab centre with that match-up.

So this showed up in my Youtube Recommendations because apparently Youtube thought since I watched all the KAORU recently that I needed this in my life too.

A reverse cage match that turns into a single match that was all smashed into less than 10 minutes (including intros)

I am fairly positive the only reason this was booked were so they could get upskirts of the women climbing the cage

Final Resolution 2009, Team 3D/Rhino/Jesse Neal vs. Hernandez/Matt Morgan/Suicide/D'Angelo Dinero in an elimination match. Hernandez has to go the first five minutes by himself and if he loses, then the match is over. This was on a otherwise pretty good show, probably one of TNA's better ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nudxhM9BtFg

Of course also on this show was the ever popular Feast or Fired pole match.

So this showed up in my Youtube Recommendations because apparently Youtube thought since I watched all the KAORU recently that I needed this in my life too.

A reverse cage match that turns into a single match that was all smashed into less than 10 minutes (including intros)

I am fairly positive the only reason this was booked were so they could get upskirts of the women climbing the cage.

And in true TNA fashion - they forget to deliver that memo to the gals, and nearly all of them wear pants.

I don't recall the matches being that bad, per se, but there were two matches on seperate shows where Jake Roberts and Kevin Sullivan were guest referees (I'm almost certain the Sullivan reffed match was a Monster's Ball).

Jake's involvement included his proclamation that he "ain't wearin' no stripes."  So he reffed in street clothes.  All the newfound love for Jake being what it is, that was ridiculous.

But Sullivan's stint was worse.  He didn't have problems with wearing the stripes ... he just didn't wear a shirt; he had black stripes bodypainted on his torso.  And he randomly attacked heel & face alike during the match.  Also ridiculous.

(Or, in the spirit of the thread title, "riduclous.")

I don't recall the matches being that bad, per se, but there were two matches on seperate shows where Jake Roberts and Kevin Sullivan were guest referees (I'm almost certain the Sullivan reffed match was a Monster's Ball).

Jake's involvement included his proclamation that he "ain't wearin' no stripes."  So he reffed in street clothes.  All the newfound love for Jake being what it is, that was ridiculous.

But Sullivan's stint was worse.  He didn't have problems with wearing the stripes ... he just didn't wear a shirt; he had black stripes bodypainted on his torso.  And he randomly attacked heel & face alike during the match.  Also ridiculous.

(Or, in the spirit of the thread title, "riduclous.")

Jake was the one who reffed Monster's Ball.

And here's the Sullivan match, certainly ridiculous.

I miss Raven in TNA

I don't have them fancy embedding opportunities that some of y'all have on this little phone, but I'd like to mention those "Hangman's Horror" matches that TNA ran in the past. I think there were two or three of them ... absolutely ghastly concepts.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...