DVDVR Message Board

Riduclous TNA Matches

There's nothing inherently ridiculous about a bad match, although I suppose putting someone on tv who has no business being on tv is pretty ridiculous.  Then again, the whole Gut Check concept was ridiculous to begin with, so ok.  I concede the point.

The gut check thing would have been a great way to get new people on TV if it wasn't, you know, TNA.  But the way they structured it where winning didn't matter and taking it to the judges and every other silly thing ruined the concept.  Take the thing, make it a tournament and maybe you get 2 guys over by the finals.  

Gut Check wasn't a bad concept. Just poorly executed. TNA just have eliminated the contract gimmick and build it as a showcase of indy talent on the big stage. This would have resolved the issue of shit hiring over talent people were actually interested in seeing and resolved the issue of everyone cutting the same 'its always been my dream' promo before their match.

Knockouts Lockbox Challenge.

/thread

This?

And if so - what the fuck did I just watch?

Wait, so they just awarded a TITLE BELT by draw out of a hat?

Yup, sounds about right.

The best part of this match was poor Daffney drawing the striptease one and Borash telling her if she didn't get in the ring and take her clothes off, she would be fired because she signed the contract for the match.