DVDVR Message Board

Riduclous TNA Matches

I don't know if it's on youtube or not, but the Cody Deaner v. Doug Williams Ladder Match is a favorite of mine, because I don't recall there being any good reason for it at all and because of the fact that it was one of the few good tv matches the promotion had that entire year

What about the LAX 3D "Electrified" Cage match complete with flickering light effect and buzzing sound when the wrestlers touch the cage?

Lockdown 2007

Lockdown leads to a bunch of stupid shit because you end up with gimmick matches INSIDE A CAGE~!

That same Lockdown card also have James Storm vs. Chris Harris in a Blindfold Match INSIDE A CAGE~!

Elevation X always seemed stupid, limiting and pointless to me... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q754Sp7rL-8

I want to post this as an embedded video but can't seem to find a 'media' button on editing tools as per the Posting Videos bit in the Board News sub forum - what am I doing wrong?

There ya go - for some wacky reason it won't let me edit your post but yup - using the Share option on the Youtube page worked fine.

• Like 1

I present to you Frank Trigg vs. AJ Styles in an MMA Fight

HEY...AJ Styles was a standout wrestler at Gainesville Vocational.

Thinking of stupid matches, don't know if it's on Youtube but what about Jeff Jarrett vs. Kevin Nash where if Jarrett used the El Kabong Guitar, he would be fired so he used a loophole and had the El Kabong Cello.

I present to you Frank Trigg vs. AJ Styles in an MMA Fight

HEY...AJ Styles was a standout wrestler at Gainesville Vocational.

Thinking of stupid matches, don't know if it's on Youtube but what about Jeff Jarrett vs. Kevin Nash where if Jarrett used the El Kabong Guitar, he would be fired so he used a loophole and had the El Kabong Cello.

I have every TNA ppv on DVD from the first Victory Road, to the first year Hogan came in, then a few random shows here and there.

This thread has become a godsend ...

And incidentally ... Monty Brown vs Tryton or Raven vs Erik Watts.

I have every TNA ppv on DVD from the first Victory Road, to the first year Hogan came in, then a few random shows here and there.

Boy if that isn't a cry for help...

I am assuming there aren't a ton of Brown vs. Tryton matches

http://youtu.be/o-FzXJjFXXA

It is bad... I wouldn't say ridiculous... though the video package at the beginning and the commentary would fit the bill

I remember when Christian first came in and they did a side-by-side talking head interview with both guys and Brown came off as so much more of a star in every way. He had a presence about him and they really should've put him over for the world title in January of '05 on PPV but...Jarrett needed to retain. I think that might've been the defense he had before a match with Nash where the guitar was banned, so he used a cello instead. And then it broke.

• Like 1

Boy if that isn't a cry for help...

I am assuming there aren't a ton of Brown vs. Tryton matches

http://youtu.be/o-FzXJjFXXA

It is bad... I wouldn't say ridiculous... though the video package at the beginning and the commentary would fit the bill

Hey, shup, you!  I'm perfectly fine as I am ... accept me!

And yep, that's the shitass match in question.  I seemed to recall it being more peculiar than just bad; maybe I *was* thinking of the commentary.

I remember when Christian first came in and they did a side-by-side talking head interview with both guys and Brown came off as so much more of a star in every way. He had a presence about him and they really should've put him over for the world title in January of '05 on PPV but...Jarrett needed to retain. I think that might've been the defense he had before a match with Nash where the guitar was banned, so he used a cello instead. And then it broke.

Heh, I remember a mid-ring confrontation between Christian & Monty Brown where, after Brown delivers his "I hate YOOOO!  I'm going to be WINNER!" side of the graps debate, Christian simply asks, "What's the capital of Thailand?"  And Brown says something like, "Enlighten me with your geographic eloquence," and Christian says, "Bangkok!" and BACKHANDS MONTY BROWN IN THE DAMN DICK!!! before delivering a whoopin'.  My god, that was a good time to be a TNA fan ...