DVDVR Message Board

Terrible Acting in Great Movies

Vincey Greene

I saw that we have the inverse of this topic, and it immediately made me think of...

Bill Paxton, Aliens. Holy fuck. Is it even acting? Goddamn. Such a great movie, such a dreadful performance. Almost ruins it. Almost.

Whatcha'll got?

I saw that we have the inverse of this topic, and it immediately made me think of...

Bill Paxton, Aliens. Holy fuck. Is it even acting? Goddamn. Such a great movie, such a dreadful performance. Almost ruins it. Almost.

Whatcha'll got?

Repeat this entire post but replace the word Aliens with Tombstone, and it would still be 100% true.

Katie Holmes in Batman Begins may very well have been the least convincing assistant DA in movie history.

Yet still somehow better than Maggie Gyllenhaal.

This x1000

I was so glad when she got blown up.

• Like 1

No, she clearly was cast because her being an Ace Pilot was so absurdly unbelievable. Fit the propaganda film concept perfectly.

At the end, there is that hint that everything we've just watched was a propaganda film from the federation, so yeah, her casting was genius if you think about it.

Keanu Reeves in Much Ado About Nothing.  Dear Lord, was he awful in that.  It's like eating a nice apple, then finding a dead fruit fly in the core.

Yeah, but at least (unlike Michael Keaton) he didn't do his lines in some weird pirate voice.

Denise Richards in Starship Troopers.

I still think her casting played into the satire element and she was always meant to be crap.

I might be giving Verhoeven way too much credit though.

There's no such thing as giving Verhoeven too much credit.

• Like 1

Whatcha'll got?

Repeat this entire post but replace the word Aliens with Tombstone, and it would still be 100% true.

I love me some Tombstone, but 80% of that movie is terrible acting.