DVDVR Message Board

SD Spoilers for January 30th 2014

ChesterCopperpot

Huh, interesting stuff about Punk. I knew his contract was coming up, but I didn't realize it was this contentious.

I really like the addition of Cesaro and Christian to the chamber. If we had motivated Orton, this would easily be the best chamber lineup ever, but he has to have at least one ppv main this title reign that isn't total dogshit, right?

Shield vs. Wyatts should be a ton of fun too. 

EC should be a fun distraction before the reality of Batista in the WM main sets in.

EC should be a fun distraction before the reality of Batista in the WM main sets in.

Let's be real-Batista vs Orton is in reality the 3rd or 4th biggest match on the show.

HHH vs Bryan and Lesnar vs Taker are the two real main events.

• Like 1

WWE's first gay babyface, comin' at ya guys.

You should really choose your words more carefully.

Goldust wasn't gay, he was "Bizarre".

You got it wrong...

Cesaro in the chamber is a nice little surprise. Hope the year of paying dues is over now.

No idea about the Punk deal, seems legit right now, but maybe they are just trying to recreate that 2011-gimmick.

• Like 1

WWE's first gay babyface, comin' at ya guys.

You should really choose your words more carefully.

Goldust wasn't gay, he was "Bizarre".

You got it wrong...

I like to believe that Goldust was originally supposed to say that line, but he no showed. So they told Bulldog to say his lines, and he decided to deadpan it.

Let's be real-Batista vs Orton is in reality the 3rd or 4th biggest match on the show.

HHH vs Bryan and Lesnar vs Taker are the two real main events.

Watch Mania go like this:

Bray-Cena

HHH-Bryan

Lesnar-Taker

Orton-Batista, smack in the middle. Eh, still better then when Del Rio won the right to curtain jerk.

Show's up on Daily Motion. I just watched The Shield and Wyatt promos for now. It definitely looks like there are some HHH shenanigans at work where the Wyatts are his new minions, from what he was hinting at. Either that, or he wants The Shield to just focus on the tasks he gives them. They further showed the animosity between hothead, jealous Ambrose and Reigns until Rollins got in the middle and played peacemaker and got them to focus on the Wyatts. When HHH was trying to get them to move on from The Wyatts, Reigns stepped to HHH's face to a big chant. HHH backed down then and gave them the match. Great stuff.

The Wyatt promo was great and insane. Bray talked about how his favorite game is war and did his prophet stuff. Harper stepped up. "You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on." Bray then said another line that I hope is foreshadowing about inviting the devil to your backyard, because he might just want to stay. If that ties into "The devil made me do it." stuff when the Bryan angle began, and HHH chose them to do his bidding, and now the Wyatts after they get done messing around with Cena make a play against The Authority, then it's awesome. Final segment ends with Rowan in the sheep mask staring and saying in a real f'd up voice "RUUUUUUN!"

I loved that all three of The Wyatts spoke. It really ups the ante for what's going to be an absolutely insane match.

• Like 2

Oh snap, the Daily Motion version has the best Roman Reigns smacktalk YET. It's during the commercial break.

Sheamus just did his 10 forearms thing to Ambrose and then sent Rollins and Reigns out to to the floor to follow. They're gathering together and some fan says something like "You're losing at the end of the first quarter. Give up now!" Reigns then turns and points to him and says "HALFTIME ADJUSTMENTS FOOL!"

Did you catch Cesaro's "You sonnnoovvaa...." right before Dolph ducked the clothesline in his comeback? The European Uppercut Counter to DDt was really cool too as was the reversal into the sleeper before that.

I have to watch that next. But I just finished The Shield vs. Bryan/Sheamus/Rey. And, uhm, it's off-the-charts. This is a high-end Shield classic. There are so many awesome things in this match. It's just non-stop, without any real ground spots. Sheamus does some awesome apron work and ON THE STEPS when rallying the crowd. Reigns and Rollins do a great cut-off when Rey was trying to sneak a tag. Reigns dickishly grabs Rey's foot and says "Ohhhhh!" Rollins tags in and holds Rey's hand before tossing him back. "OHHHH, SO SAD! YOU WANT TO MAKE THAT TAG SO BAD, DONCHA REY???" Reigns lawndarted Rey to the floor. "WHO'S THE MAAAN!" led to a big Roman chant.

The end segment is a perfect Sheild formula. Superman punch, brogue kick, flying knee, etc. Rey has Reigns set up for the 619, which he almost hit him with just a few seconds earlier. But Reigns comes flying off when Rey's charging and essentially took four or five years off of Rey's life.

This ruled. Maybe the best free TV match of the year so far.

• Like 1

Why the hell did Christian take that insane bump on his first match back? I loved Zeb on commentary and Swagger's little "looking out" taunting of Christian while standing on him. christian seemed to have some hesitation/ring rust, but it was still a really fun match. They've always had great chemistry and while some of the execution was a little off, the basis behind it and the selling was all really good. 

Fun show. Main event tag ruled. You can't go wrong with Cesaro in the Chamber, and Zeb redoing Dutch's commentary bit of using signs as a prop rules. Shame that Titus's turn came now though since the team has no momentum, so he isn't over, and there's really nowhere near the top of even the mid-card to realistically put him.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/01/sd-1-31-14.html

Screens -

776579305264516.jpg

81f05e305264519.jpg

69b7db305264531.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/1qqd6c20nnhnxdlajtcmnoby459xgedh

I'm pretty fucking stoked on The Shield vs The Wyatt's. They need to turn that fucker into a no DQ. I want like them fighting in the lobby.

It struck me that at this point in his career Christian is the best upper-midcard WCW face. Like...in a parallel universe he's trading the TV title on WCW Saturday Night with Steven Regal or Goldust or something over six months. Or like he's opening up Halloween Havoc going 20 minutes against like some New Japan guy they brought in for the night, like Yujiro, and defending his US title.

• Like 3

I'm pretty fucking stoked on The Shield vs The Wyatt's. They need to turn that fucker into a no DQ. I want like them fighting in the lobby.

It struck me that at this point in his career Christian is the best upper-midcard WCW face. Like...in a parallel universe he's trading the TV title on WCW Saturday Night with Steven Regal or Goldust or something over six months. Or like he's opening up Halloween Havoc going 20 minutes against like some New Japan guy they brought in for the night, like Yujiro, and defending his US title.

Christian trading wins with Kidman only to beat him in a third match at Starcade with the US or TV Title on the line would be awesome.

I wish it was longer, but damn, this Shield-Wyatts feud is going to be the best one month program ever!!! It feels like two legit serious threats colliding, and Triple H trying to keep all the bad guys from destroying each other was great stuff. 

This show has two great matches (Cesaro/Ziggler and The Shield vs. Bryan/Mysterio/Sheamus) and a very good one (Christian vs. Swagger). I enjoyed the first two mentioned matches more than anything on the Royal Rumble PPV with the exception of Wyatt/Bryan.

So basically, Shield/Wyatts is the closest thing we're gonna get to a WWE War Games? I'm down with that.

So I wasn't the only one who heard that during the Bray Wyatt promo on the Shield?

He said something like "I llike games and war? I love it." He was clearly teasing War Games.