DVDVR Message Board

SD Spoilers for January 30th 2014

ChesterCopperpot

If you don't do substances and you don't seem particularly ostentatious - Punk on both counts is a no - the kind of money a headliner makes for a few years will hold you over for a pretty long while.

So maybe he has fuck you money? Also I'm sure Japan would offer good money for a much lighter schedule, even if it wasn't the same money as the E.

Cesaro main eventing Wrestlemania, I can see it now.

*cough* Santino Marella was in the Elimination Chamber a couple years ago *cough cough*

That was for the WHC, when it was pretty much a midcard title. This Chamber match will probably main event the PPV.

The Christian thing is so mind boggling. They didn't redebut him at the Rumble even though he was ready but instead they give him a video package and immediately hotshot him into the chamber. It was like how he inexplicably got the title shot vs ADR at Summerslam. I almost wonder if they think he's the sort of guy who would appeal to the Atttidue era fans that they're trying to draw in with the Network launch. 

It is kind of funny how they always talked about Shad being the one they wanted to get over from Cryme Tyme and he was gone like 6 months after they broke up while JTG is STILL employed.

JTG was the better worker and had more personality. Also, he got shunted into a jobber role, which doesn't make you high profile but keeps you employed when WWE has so few, whereas Shad got pushed a bit, fell flat, and then got let go.

For PTP, Titus has some personality, but I really don't get what people see in him. He's like the 73rd best power guy they have on the roster.

• Like 2

Titus O'Neil is just an awful wrestler, but that's OK with the current WWE.

Hopefully he does something about his yellow teeth (I bring it up because it was brought up when he was on NXT). If he ever feuds with Kane, Kane would need to bring Dr. Isaac Yankem out of the mothballs.

Punk in Japan would be interesting.

I wonder what "super worker" Punk would be like without all the promos.

Punk showing up in NJPW and calling out Okada would be all kinds of awesome. His boy Gallows is already there. Not holding my breath but it would be cool.

Hoping Cesaro goes nuts in the chamber, gets the Batista 2005 treatment. Takes out Christian, Sheamus, maybe Cena. That'd be awesome.

No way Punk goes to NJPW. That mat is killer. Although if Devitt left to go to WWE and Punk went to NJPW as his replacement in Bullet Club...

Punk in Japan would be interesting.

I wonder what "super worker" Punk would be like without all the promos.

Punk showing up in NJPW and calling out Okada would be all kinds of awesome. His boy Gallows is already there. Not holding my breath but it would be cool.

Well if the rumors of Devitt's future departure are true, then there will be an open spot for a new Bullet Club leader.

Delirious has really sucked as booker. But Colt was offered by ROH to comeback and he turned it down. He talked about it on his podcast with Kevin Steen, who tried in vain to encourage bitter Colt to return. Compton being there right now fueding with Steen in ROH makes me unsure.

The other reason this thing that will never happen makes perfect sense is the "Best in the World" nickname. Say NJPW was so excited about this they put the belt on him for a few months. Then when he eventually returns to the WWE he can say he proved it by winning gold all over the world.

I always loved how old WCW made wrestling feel like a global thing. So I've never understood how the WWE refuses to do that. They are clearly the far and away #1 company, don't be so insecure WWE.

• Like 1