DVDVR Message Board

Matches which unleash your inner ghoul

• 7 months later...

Hey, it's this thread again, cool. I was talking about Big Japan on DVD in the main thread and this was the headliner on it. For my money, better than either of the Yakakawa matches though not as classic as the tag finals with them. 

The part where the ladder flings the barbed wire into Abby's face is tres nasty. Damn he could have been blinded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC4tDoxN57M

• Like 1

I can't access YouTube, did anyone post the disgusting Ishikawa/Kobayashi match from 2012? How do these guys not have long term effects from blood loss?

I don't know how discreet the medical treatments are for Japanese death match wrestlers or how the Japanese health care system handles death match wrestlers.

"Mr. Kobayashi, how was your match this weekend?" "Pretty good, Doc"

Seems to me as long as there's violence, hatred, and blood, you don't necessarily need a cage.

If you are worried about the motherfucker running away, you needed the cage.  Which is why I have always hated the "Climb out of the cage to win" bullshit.  Cage matches are where you used to settle a blood feud.  I think that has been lost over time. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna leave this here. One of my favorite FMW matches that I just found online (also available on Schneider Comp. #2). I hope the whole thing including Hayabusa weeping on the mic and the later shenanigans are on here because it takes the match up about ten notches.

EDIT: Dammit, not in full after all. For a tornado match with no damn ropes and a bunch of wire this is about as good as you are gonna get. Pretty wild spotfest then, at the end the crowd amazingly rushes the ring slapping the mat in appreciation, then THE W*ING DUNGEON OF DOOM ATTACK! W*ING lays out FMW and gloats over the remains. It's awesome.Then Hayabusa is filled with shame and bawls like a baby on the mic. I wish they left that part in. I remembered Victor Quinones but all we get is Jason and some other guy. They should have brought out Freddy and Boogie Man too. And Mr. Pogo.

EDIT 457383: I think I was thinking of these guys instead

233391a5821ea11ba74bbb4d59328fc3.jpg

the Funk Masters of Wrestling

The Jerry Lynn vs Steve Corino ECW match where Lynn writes "Die" on himself with Corino's blood sticks with me years later.

Well not really the match itself, but that one moment.