DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble

Brian Fowler

Watched Bray vs.Bryan. That was a great match. It's easily the best Bray has looked and showed he could really hang. Makes me excited for him vs. Cena at WM.

The odd thing is Cena's recent performance is what makes me want to see that match less. Maybe he's earned some slack because he's John Cena and busted his ass for the last 12 years, but after thinking about it some more, he was every bit as awful as Orton last night. That horrible finisher exchange stuck out, but there was absolutely no effort from either guy to build a coherent story throughout the match. Not just in the match itself, but in regards to the build up with Orton attacking Cena's father yet again. I mean opening with a fucking headlock sequence in a blood feud in 2014... Come on, where's that "never give up" attitude, Cena? Over the last 12 years, John Cena has rightfully earned a reputation of being one of the hardest-working, most professional company men WWE has ever had. Last night Cena was decidedly lazy and unprofessional, and it was very disappointing as a long-time fan of his. Hopefully it was just an aberration. 

There is a house show this Sunday (Superbowl Sunday) in Lakeland Florida. I think it has been announced as the only WWE show in Florida for 2014. I cant imagine it's going to draw very well at all.

I know some folks have brough up Merch numbers as well, that Punk and Cena justify their pushes based on T-Shirt sales. Outside of NO NO NO the YES YES YES and the Fear the beard shirt, has Bryan had any good shirts? Goat stuff is horrible... That could be an issue. I already have mym wife getting me the Jill Thomas YES dragon shirt, mainly because it is so much better than anything else he has.

Stop it with the excuses already. While Cena, and Punk have had some great shirts over the past few years, they've also had some awful ones as well. Yet kids keep begging for the latest shirt like they were a new pair of Jordans. Which leads me to what might be Bryan's biggest new threat to his future WM booking plans... The casual kids market.

Watched Bray vs.Bryan. That was a great match. It's easily the best Bray has looked and showed he could really hang. Makes me excited for him vs. Cena at WM.

The odd thing is Cena's recent performance is what makes me want to see that match less. Maybe he's earned some slack because he's John Cena and busted his ass for the last 12 years, but after thinking about it some more, he was every bit as awful as Orton last night. That horrible finisher exchange stuck out, but there was absolutely no effort from either guy to build a coherent story throughout the match. Not just in the match itself, but in regards to the build up with Orton attacking Cena's father yet again. I mean opening with a fucking headlock sequence in a blood feud in 2014... Come on, where's that "never give up" attitude, Cena? Over the last 12 years, John Cena has rightfully earned a reputation of being one of the hardest-working, most professional company men WWE has ever had. Last night Cena was decidedly lazy and unprofessional, and it was very disappointing as a long-time fan of his. Hopefully it was just an aberration. 

I didn't watch the match so I can't say too much other than Cena has been generally good with everyone else he has fought since he returned.

Meltzer is reporting repeated rewrites behind the pay wall

Yeah, but that's every week.  That doesn't mean anything.

Yeah he said they were par for the course first but now Vince has ordered another rewrite with less than two hours to go until the show

I have to say, I've never looked forward to a Raw quite like this. I really hope they open with a Batista and Orton faceoff and constantly tease a Daniel Bryan promo only to keep pushing it back just to incite a near riot.

I have to say, I've never looked forward to a Raw quite like this. I really hope they open with a Batista and Orton faceoff and constantly tease a Daniel Bryan promo only to keep pushing it back just to incite a near riot.

I think I would be disappointed with a near riot and not an actual riot.