DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble

Brian Fowler

In WCW booking, Bryan would give vague promos for 2 weeks about him being the real champion and hint at turning heel. For 2 weeks the announcers would talk about it. Bryan would then face Silver King on Saturday Night as a face with no mention of the potential heel turn. He would then be off tv for two weeks. On the following ppv he would be in the unannounced opener against Lenny Lane for the cruiserweight title.

And to those crapping on my Main Event Mafia idea, just remember Main Event Mafia=Scotty Steiner.

• Like 1

This is all true. Cena has had nine years on top now. Rock and Austin's runs were 4 years max and I think anyone who was actively following WWE then can remember how tired people were of their act, especially The Rock. Cena has fucking more than DOUBLED their runs.

And for that matter, so have Orton and Batista. They're now giving us main events featuring those guys that headlined shows eight years ago.

It's insanity. I mean, look at Wrestlemania nine years ago and three of four guys in the two World Title matches are still active weekly characters on WWE TV, with two of them still being active in-ring competitors.

You won't find that kind of carry-over from say, Wrestlemania 6 to Wrestlemania  14.  And even Wrestlemania 14 to Wrestlemania 22. The cards look COMPLETELY different. 

I think it's a bit misleading to compare Cena's run to Austin's and Rock's. If we actually take a larger sample size and look at the long history of "ace runs," Cena's time at the top really isn't unprecedented at all. I'd agree that WWE needs to begin phasing him out of that role, but it's not as if Austin and Rock constitute some sort of "rule." If anything, they're the exceptions: one retired from injuries, the other retired to make more money elsewhere. 

Also, Wrestlemania XXX's card will look pretty damn different from Wrestlemania 21's (even if it has matches that include Triple H, Cena, Batista, Orton, and the Undertaker).

They should have played Bryan's music for number 30, but then have Bad News Barrett come out.

How did the bookers miss doing this shit right here?

The more I think about it, the more I wish this would have happened. "Pittsburgh, I'm afraid I've got some bad news..."

They should have played Bryan's music for number 30, but then have Bad News Barrett come out.

How did the bookers miss doing this shit right here?

They are writers or creative.  Please do not call them bookers.

Political correctness is ruining our world.

Finally watched it. If I went spoiler free, my confusion over Daniels not coming out would've made me hate the show, but knowing made me enjoy it way more then I thought. Batista winning still sucks regardless. Cena-Orton was exactly what I expect out of 2 of my least favorite wrestlers ever, same sucky ass match, don't get why this one is being shitcanned more then the others.

Wish the lil Aryan bull had more spots. I enjoyed that more then anything.

So which one of you is this

?
I'm on my phone so I don't quite know if this has been noted, but this same dude cut an almost identical promo one year ago when Rock beat CM Punk for the belt. Almost the exact same rage and everything; different residence though (I think). I was so taken by the video last year, I knew who this was before I even clicked the link.

I want to say that last year's vid was posted with the same "alright, which one of you is this guy?" intro.

I checked to make sure. It's not the same guy. But the videos are pretty similar.

Are you sure? Same build, same vocal tone, same sounding girlfriend, both of whom call out "Michael!" to him out of concern following that first outburst ...

It's the same guy. If you've heard of The Angry Grandpa, he's his son.

Why didn't Kofi just walk along and chill on the barricade on the other side of the ring until the end, he wasn't eliminated so just chill, wait and hope that the winner exits over the top rope, it's not like any one in the ring was paying attention to him.

• Like 1

So which one of you is this

?
I'm on my phone so I don't quite know if this has been noted, but this same dude cut an almost identical promo one year ago when Rock beat CM Punk for the belt. Almost the exact same rage and everything; different residence though (I think). I was so taken by the video last year, I knew who this was before I even clicked the link.

I want to say that last year's vid was posted with the same "alright, which one of you is this guy?" intro.

I checked to make sure. It's not the same guy. But the videos are pretty similar.

Are you sure? Same build, same vocal tone, same sounding girlfriend, both of whom call out "Michael!" to him out of concern following that first outburst ...

It's the same guy. If you've heard of The Angry Grandpa, he's his son.

• Like 1