DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble

Brian Fowler

Orton/Cena was so boring...though I now believe Cena does a better RKO then Randy.

WHERE WAS XAVIER WOODS?!?!?!

They should put El Torito under Rey's mask, it'd work out for the best at this point. His part of the match was so much fun.

Bryan and Bray easily had the best match of the night

Didn't see the show yet. But here's Bryan's Twitter -- Daniel Bryan ‏@WWEDanielBryan 4m

Sorry guys, the machine wanted me nowhere near the Royal Rumble match. But I thank everyone for their support. YOU are the #YESMovement

He was kept out by the machine. There's an angle right there.

Now we find Junji Hirata and we kill him

Seriously though, I like Daniel Bryan, but Rey has contributed more to wrestling than he ever will, suck my dick Pittsburgh

• Like 7

Bryan/Wyatt was a really good.

I enjoyed Lesnar/Show more than probably anyone else.

Orton/Cena was comical.

The Royal Rumble match was great, and when Mysterio came out at 30 everything just died.  It wasn't a slow death, either; it was a quick and sudden death.

Didn't see the show yet. But here's Bryan's Twitter -- Daniel Bryan @WWEDanielBryan 4m

Sorry guys, the machine wanted me nowhere near the Royal Rumble match. But I thank everyone for their support. YOU are the #YESMovement

Needed to be part of the show. Huge fuck up.

• Like 1

Were they trying to mute the crowd noise there at the end?  Every few seconds I could hear a really loud burst of noise then Batista's music and the announcers would drown it out.

I figured Reigns would get the Diesel push in the Rumble this year but had no idea it would go over that well.  

The music and announcers were definitely extra loud in the end to cover for the boos and chants from the crowd.

From Mick Foley's Twitter:

Mick Foley ‏@realmickfoley

Does @WWE actually hate their own audience? I've never been so disgusted with a PPV.

• Like 3

That Rumble took such a nosedive. Has Rey ever been that booed?

If Bryan isn't pinning Taker or in the title match, I might ditch my Mania tix. Certainly not going if he's in some Sheamus fued or some shit.

Really, really miss when the crowd would throw shit in the ring in WCW. Or at least laser pointers.

Did love the "we want divas" chant and Orton responding with his most diva pose.

Will have to rewatch the opener - stream was really choppy at first and I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

Brock/Show was what you'd expect, which is to say, awful.

The show was great fun, though, at least in comparison to the Grammys and Pro Bowl.

Orton and Batista is gonna be ugly with the crowd.

Enjoyed the tag. Kind of ass backwards that the legendary tag team has the feel-good upset a few weeks after turning heel (kinda, though I guess they don't believe in those terms anymore).

Bray vs Bryan was pretty fucking incredible.

The Lesnar stuff was great.

I hated Orton and Cena. If they wanted to go the epic big bomb route, they needed to work the earlier part at a better pace. We went from methodical pacing to a video game sprint. I think that the Wyatts against Cena should be fine, though.

Rumble didn't really work. I really enjoyed the Torito part, actually, and Kofi's spot was pretty incredible. There was nothing especially surprising or revealing. I think the fact that Punk and The Shield were in there so long just didn't really work. The latter half was a little hoss heavy when you needed a lot more high energy workers in there.

I dunno, it was perfectly acceptably laid out but it clearly didn't go the way they wanted.

I mean, the Bryan thing...I get why he's not champion, or why they don't want to push him as lead babyface (nor should he be pushed over Cena) but this stuff isn't going to stop.

Didn't see the show yet. But here's Bryan's Twitter -- Daniel Bryan ‏@WWEDanielBryan 4m

That's cute, but this feud doesn't even exist anymore. Probably just a late scramble by WWE to answer the "Oh yeah, why WASN'T he in the Rumble?" questions.

Rey hasn't gotten booed that badly since One Night Stand '05. 

For what it's worth, the Rumble was actually pretty good.  The crowd made for mighty lolz during the Cena-Orton match.   And if I hear a single bad thing about the JBL surprise, I will personally flood this thread with animal gifs until it becomes unloadable. 

• Like 3