DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble

Brian Fowler

Boy, Triple H running the show is turning out awesome...

Orton as champ, Outlaws win the tag belts, Batista wins the rumble...

Holy shit was that was fucking TNA levels of doing the EXACT wrong booking.

But I'm still waiting.  This is gonna be awesome when it finally pays off, right, right?

There was one particular thing they really wanted to see.  Like they were excited about it all day, all week, maybe more.

I don't think they saw it.  There's no way for anyone to know what exactly it was because it's not like they articulated it vocally over and over or anything.

We're not mind-readers, people.

• Like 6

Some positives:  Bryan/Wyatt was damn good.  The first 2/3s of the rumble itself were okay.  The crowd may be enough to make Vince at least consider a direction change.

Negatives:  Cena/Orton was a travesty of wrestling.  NAO actually won clean.  The rest of the rumble.  The direction of this company.

If we really do end up with Orton/Tista...  It's gonna get booed out of the Superdome.

• Like 1

Were they trying to mute the crowd noise there at the end?  Every few seconds I could hear a really loud burst of noise then Batista's music and the announcers would drown it out.

I figured Reigns would get the Diesel push in the Rumble this year but had no idea it would go over that well.  

I don't know that I've ever seen fans of anything -- a TV show, a sports team, a wrestling company, so vociferously tell that company what they want to see, and have that company just completely ignore it like WWE does with Daniel Bryan and the "WWE Universe". The crowd was amazing at the end. How do you have 16,000 people yelling that they want to see this guy, and you DON'T EVEN HAVE HIM IN THE FUCKING MATCH?

By the way, for the "wait and see" crowd on where they go with Bryan -- newsflash: it's over. They told us he was a B player, he dropped the title, looked like an idiot every week, and five months later is curtain jurking the Royal Rumble and jobbing clean as fodder for John Cena's next feud. There's no magical light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like 4

The Bryan/Wyatt match was great.

The Show/Lesnar... thing.. was... a thing.

The Cena/Orton match was all kinds of mediocre, but the crowd made it a must-see.

The Rumble wasn't bad. The Del Rio/Santino ending was pretty weak. And I kind of feel bad for Batista to walk back into... this. It's amazing how the audience and I were in almost perfect agreement all the way through, though. And hearing Rey Mysterio get boo'd out of the building almost worth the price of admission by itself.

Most important thing, IMO, is for everyone to immediately start saying HUH HUH WHAT DO YOU PAYOFF GUYS THINK NOW so that we can continue listening to your terrible opinions.

Bryan not being in the Rumble was terrible. They may have saved it if they'd had a storyline reason for him to not be in that was addressed throughout the show.

And even then, he should have won.

• Like 8