DVDVR Message Board

This week's Smackdown spoilers.

The Natural

I don't know if I loved or hated that missed powerslam spot by Orton. On one hand it's cool he has muscle memory, on the other it makes it seem like he's just on autopilot.

Show kinda bored me.  I skipped the opening discussion.

-Ziggler-Swagger was fine, though the best spot was Cesaro dragging Ziggler off the apron and upper-cutting him.

-Usos/Henry-Shield confrontation was awesome.  I love the crowd reaction every time Henry's music cuts in, it's this awed "Ooooooh, someone IS gonna get their ass kicked!" which is funny because Henry really doesn't win that often, he's the least protected monster this side of Khali, but unlike Khali he seems to be completely bulletproof and the crowd just buys into him being a badass.

-Bryan-Barrett started out just fine, then ended before anything happened.

-Axel-Jericho was fine.  Ryback's post-match beatdown looked good, but was mostly heatless.  Personally, I'd take Ryback off TV, let ADR keep sneaking out victories all summer, then sometime around October/November have ADR go on a big "I've beaten everyone that Smackdown has to offer", issue an open challenge, then have "Feed Me More" play and have Ryback come down and beat him in 30 seconds and win the title, then do a nice little ADR-Ryback feud with Ricardo trying to help ADR get the title back, and you can have Sandow eventually get the title off Ryback in Dec/Jan after shenanigans.  But, really, the only way I think you can salvage Ryback as a top-tier guy is by getting him back as an ass-kicking face as soon as possible.

-RVD-Young was okay for what it was.  I love Titus' whistle.

-Orton-ADR was as by-the-books as a first post-PPV Smackdown main event gets.  That match needed a run-in/angle/something to freshen it up a bit.

I rather enjoyed this show. After watching two AWA eps last night, this reminded me a lot of that, only with worse wrestling and more angles. Also, Vince had more personality than anyone on them except for Larry Nelson, who appeared very sleepy and just kept moving his hands in random directions while cutting a promo.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/07/sd-7-19-13.html

Screens -
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/8r9y23smeaj68cb3zlptkogmhnhpasgi