DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

You know, I don't know if there's been a better gimmick (and better performance of that gimmick) in wrestling history than King Booker. I'm watching some of that stuff on YouTube right now. He was just incredible with that character.

The Undertaker. Come on, dude.

• Like 1

Apparently that would have required him to get a hideous tattoo

That would be hilarious. Basically Sin Cara would become the WWE's version of a franchised Krusty The Klown. Have multiple Sin Cara's work on both RAW and Smackdown shows at the same time.

I hate to bring this up, but isn't WWE's version of a franchised Krusty... well..

4doinks_36291_original_display_image.jpg

That picture is like the de-evolution of Doink's hair.  He had a sweet fro when the gimmick started and by the time Borne left it was that fringy mess on the right.

You know, I don't know if there's been a better gimmick (and better performance of that gimmick) in wrestling history than King Booker. I'm watching some of that stuff on YouTube right now. He was just incredible with that character.

The Undertaker. Come on, dude.

What's Undertaker's birthdate?

Apparently that would have required him to get a hideous tattoo

That would be hilarious. Basically Sin Cara would become the WWE's version of a franchised Krusty The Klown. Have multiple Sin Cara's work on both RAW and Smackdown shows at the same time.

I hate to bring this up, but isn't WWE's version of a franchised Krusty... well..

4doinks_36291_original_display_image.jpg

That picture is like the de-evolution of Doink's hair.  He had a sweet fro when the gimmick started and by the time Borne left it was that fringy mess on the right.

Because I'm bored and have nothing to talk about, I'll say I think the Doink hair second from the right is the best Doink hair.  I hate that fro.

is Axel's finisher worse than my finisher idea of "put the guy in a clawhold while in a front face lock, then give him a neckbreaker while he's still in the clawhold"?

you'd think he'd just use the Perfect Plex, but nope.

He uses a shitty fisherman's neckbreaker, too. So basically, just enough to remind us of his dad having talent.

And I can't even visualise how to apply your idea. But it reminds me, I once made a Create-a-Finisher in one of the WWE games where the guy doing the move just kept switching setup positions - fireman's carry into a body slam into a torture rack into a side slam, etc etc. The move sometimes took longer to perform than the rest of the match.

In all fairness, TNA was actually pretty dang decent at the end of Russo's run, right before Hogan and Easy E came in.

Basically because Russo slowed everything down to make it easier to switch over the new regime. That was why there was all the focus on matches; he couldn't start any new angles until Hogan/Bischoff arrived.

is Axel's finisher worse than my finisher idea of "put the guy in a clawhold while in a front face lock, then give him a neckbreaker while he's still in the clawhold"?

you'd think he'd just use the Perfect Plex, but nope.

He uses a shitty fisherman's neckbreaker, too. So basically, just enough to remind us of his dad having talent.

And I can't even visualise how to apply your idea. But it reminds me, I once made a Create-a-Finisher in one of the WWE games where the guy doing the move just kept switching setup positions - fireman's carry into a body slam into a torture rack into a side slam, etc etc. The move sometimes took longer to perform than the rest of the match.

Front facelock under left arm, apply "clawhold" (put right hand on face) with right hand, twist into Neckbreaker with right hand on face, drop with neckbreaker. Switch the left/right if reasonable since I think everything is right-arm/hand in the US but left-arm/hand in Mexico

There may be some flaws in the physics though

• Like 1

Lagana's a strange one. He used to come off as incredibly smart and savvy about the business, but then he went to TNA and became totally incompetent.

Was thinking that myself, especially when he was live-tweeting Raws before joining TNA.