DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

If Arsenio is actually a WWE fan, it's kind of a wonder that they didn't randomly bring him in for any of those 18 years where Arsenio couldn't find consistent TV work. Like having Arsenio as a guest GM would have been the most obscure guy they brought in for that spot. Plus they could have had tons of in-jokes to the 90s-era Arsenio show that nobody in the audience would get.

Or maybe Arsenio's writers are WWE fans.

Fantasy booking 1997 has Arsenio heading up the Nation of Domination due to that one Arsenio episode where he spent an hour with Farrakhan in 1994.

Arsenio has to be a fan.  Back on his original show, he had a TON of wrestlers on.  Hogan, Warrior, Rude and Heenan, Bad News Brown, Savage, etc.

I SWEAR I remember there being a match on the show once.  A ring set up on the stage.....and I want to say it was The Nasty Boys vs The Legion of Doom.  I'm almost positive it happened, although a quick Google search (meaning I typed it in, glanced at the first page, then gave up) didn't turn up anything.

Arsenio has to be a fan. Back on his original show, he had a TON of wrestlers on. Hogan, Warrior, Rude and Heenan, Bad News Brown, Savage, etc.

I SWEAR I remember there being a match on the show once. A ring set up on the stage.....and I want to say it was The Nasty Boys vs The Legion of Doom. I'm almost positive it happened, although a quick Google search (meaning I typed it in, glanced at the first page, then gave up) didn't turn up anything.

Aw, man, was it Bossman that he asked, "What was it like when Hulk Hogan was whipping your ass?" then ran off like a Kenyan sprinter, laughing his ass off while Bossman stood there spinning the nightstick and calling him "boy?" Because that was awesome.

• Like 1

Arsenio has to be a fan. Back on his original show, he had a TON of wrestlers on. Hogan, Warrior, Rude and Heenan, Bad News Brown, Savage, etc.

I SWEAR I remember there being a match on the show once. A ring set up on the stage.....and I want to say it was The Nasty Boys vs The Legion of Doom. I'm almost positive it happened, although a quick Google search (meaning I typed it in, glanced at the first page, then gave up) didn't turn up anything.

Aw, man, was it Bossman that he asked, "What was it like when Hulk Hogan was whipping your ass?" then ran off like a Kenyan sprinter, laughing his ass off while Bossman stood there spinning the nightstick and calling him "boy?" Because that was awesome.

• Like 1

One more, because I don't want to bomb the thread with videos.  (If you search Arsenio Hall wrestling on YouTube, it brings up about 8 or 9 clips)

But this is awesome because through the whole interview, you can tell Bad News is about an inch away from losing his composure and laughing, and really sells the finish of the interview awesomely.

• Like 1

Reports from tonight's NXT taping say they're confiscating Punk signs and trying to discourage people from chanting for him.  Stress on "trying".

Ok, I'm gonna go ahead and admit something.

This is beginning to smell like a work.

Our own Tim Evans was at the tapings and said in the NXT Thread

Tonight's taping was pretty much all about CM Punk chants. They started right off the bat before the show even started. It started to die off as the show went on. About 3 signs were confiscated and some guy got thrown out for a little while. 

CRZ was also there and said the sign that got the guy tossed actually said "Bathroom Break Match"

I'm baffled... all the smarks are screaming for Punk, and if you dare to look at comments on ANYTHING WWE is posting right now (Facebook or otherwise), you get all these jackasses bitching and moaning that they won't watch the shows anymore and to bring back Punk.

Shouldn't they be screaming at Punk, the one who packed his bag and went home?

I only ask because I'm not sure how the world works anymore...

I'm baffled... all the smarks are screaming for Punk, and if you dare to look at comments on ANYTHING WWE is posting right now (Facebook or otherwise), you get all these jackasses bitching and moaning that they won't watch the shows anymore and to bring back Punk.

Entitlement and mingebaggery. The health and safety generation.

• Like 3

If someone you generally liked and worked with got into a dispute with your mutual boss, would you side with your boss when he quit?   

Arsenio has to be a fan.  Back on his original show, he had a TON of wrestlers on.  Hogan, Warrior, Rude and Heenan, Bad News Brown, Savage, etc.

I SWEAR I remember there being a match on the show once.  A ring set up on the stage.....and I want to say it was The Nasty Boys vs The Legion of Doom.  I'm almost positive it happened, although a quick Google search (meaning I typed it in, glanced at the first page, then gave up) didn't turn up anything.

The best was Savage and Zeus. Mach was, of course, Mach, but Arsenio also sold the fuck out of being afraid of Zeus. In reality, they would HAVE to had known each other since prior to Tiny Lister being an actor his previous gig was as Eddie Murphy's chief bodyguard. 

When did you ever know wrestling fans to react rationally?

When did you ever know wrestling fans to react rationally?

Every time anyone showed that Angry Fat Kid clip I felt my wife silently judging me. Anyone else?