DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

Fuck Sin Cara - KENTA will be the new Yoshi Tatsu. They're not doing anything with the gimmick.

Dammit, dammit, dammit, you beat me to this one.

Jae gets first dibs on any Yoshi Tatsu references, the rest of us pick up his scraps.

• Like 1

I think the question of asking what exactly the audience wants them to do with Bryan is a good one. Does the crowd want the title on him?

I want him to get the belt because I think when you become as popular as he is, you deserve a shot at being to top guy. If he fails, fine, if he suceeds, even better. At least we'll know. And if nothing else, anything that gets somebody other than fucking Orton and Cena on top is a good thing.

I think they should put the strap on him, too.  I get that they're trying to make him Dusty-esque and always on the chase and teasing the crowd, but that only works when you have equally over heels, a clear direction and an actual chase.

• Like 1

Wait, in what universe does Nirvana hold a candle to Guns N' Roses? I feel like this could take us far off-topic so maybe it should be a thread in the music forum but for now... Guns is so much better it's crazy..

Both bands, while iconic, are incredibly overrated.

• Like 1

I think the question of asking what exactly the audience wants them to do with Bryan is a good one. Does the crowd want the title on him?

I want him to get the belt because I think when you become as popular as he is, you deserve a shot at being to top guy. If he fails, fine, if he suceeds, even better. At least we'll know. And if nothing else, anything that gets somebody other than fucking Orton and Cena on top is a good thing.

So, the Miz should have won the Rumble?

So I;m watching something on youtube and an advertisement for TNA comes up.  And in the 5 seconds it took for it to be skippable, there was all the stars of TNA.  Like AJ Styles and Sting and Jeff Hardy...

I laughed.

Wait, in what universe does Nirvana hold a candle to Guns N' Roses? I feel like this could take us far off-topic so maybe it should be a thread in the music forum but for now... Guns is so much better it's crazy..

In a world where Nirvana have 2 great albums & 1 really good debut, plus an awesome acoustic record, & GnR have one great record & then a few good songs stretched over generally indulgent records. They also did November Rain & fuck that song.

• Like 5

Reports from tonight's NXT taping say they're confiscating Punk signs and trying to discourage people from chanting for him.  Stress on "trying".

Maybe they will try to discourage people from chanting for Punk by having HHH and Stephanie suggest that Daniel Bryan should take his ball and go home, with DB cutting a promo about how he is not a quitter, crafted to imply that he thinks Punk is a quitter.

• Like 1

You guys laugh, but that petition is 15 votes away from being officially addressed by the White House.

That would've made for a helluva episode of The West Wing.

You misread that.  It only has 15 signatures so far.  Its 99,985 away from having to be officially addressed.

• Like 1

Reports from tonight's NXT taping say they're confiscating Punk signs and trying to discourage people from chanting for him.  Stress on "trying".

Ok, I'm gonna go ahead and admit something.

This is beginning to smell like a work.

• Like 1

You guys laugh, but that petition is 15 votes away from being officially addressed by the White House.

You misread that. It only has 15 signatures so far. Its 99,985 away from having to be officially addressed.

But he is right about the West Wing episode.

• Like 1

You misread that. It only has 15 signatures so far. Its 99,985 away from having to be officially addressed.

But he is right about the West Wing episode.

Well that was a given.