DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

I hope this Ryback twitter stuff leads to him becoming a parody of Arnold in his Ivan Reitman comedy phase.

Give him one of Randy Orton's on screen wives and a small kid, and have him wander backstage throughout Raw with crazy shit happening to him out of nowhere, ninja attacks, thugs kidnap his kid, the divas get taken hostage and only he can save them, he's given Hornswoggle as his illegitimate child...

He could go up to Stephanie and Trips' kid and ask, "who is your daddy and what does he do?" I'd also like to see Ryback in some sort of Running Man themed skit although he'd be better suited as a Stalker than Ben Richards.

Also, I'm surprised there was never a pregnancy gimmick pitched for Goldust back in the Attitude Era. I mean, rumor was that he did want to get breast implants at one time (don't know if that's true or not).

Unintentional or not, they've humanized Daniel Bryan to a large portion of the fan base. Deny it all you want, but it's there.

They humanized him by dehumanizing his fans. I don't want to go to a live event because I'd be surrounded by these fucking crybaby CHUDs the whole time

• Like 4

They humanized him by dehumanizing his fans. I don't want to go to a live event because I'd be surrounded by these fucking crybaby CHUDs the whole time

You're the most tolerant person in the world if this is what it took for you to not want to go somewhere with a lot of wrestling fans.

• Like 2

I think we can all agree throwing berries at him was a bad decision in hindsight.

Can't be any worst than what his life is now: Beautiful fiance, most over guy in the only wrestling promotion that matters and if he ain't now, he will a millionaire soon enough.

Oh, and the legions of psychos willing to slit wrists and destroy expensive appliances because he didn't win a staged fight.

Also, I'm surprised there was never a pregnancy gimmick pitched for Goldust back in the Attitude Era. I mean, rumor was that he did want to get breast implants at one time (don't know if that's true or not).

on the 2nd episode of Shotgun Saturday Night, there's a teaser up that says "Next Week Goldust Gives Birth Live on Shotgun" or something to that effect.

the following week, JR says it was a joke and McMahon posits that it was just somebody having fun with the prompter.

I went to one of the early Shotgun Saturday Night's in person. I forget who was on the card totally. I do remember Marc Mero being there and Fake Razor/Diesel, because they were carrying their bags right passed everyone. And so was Sunny, who was sitting on Vince's lap for a good portion of the show afterwards.

It was held in a sectioned off area of Wayne Gretzky's (and other people, I forget who) theme sports bar in Times Square. I remember when they were setting up the ring that a lot of people who were that had absolutely no idea they were having a wrestling show.

The one thing I do remember is that me and my idiot friends (I was 17 or 18) forced them to retape a pre-match segment. They did some bit where Mero and Sable came into the venue via a limo. We were all supposed to go crazy for Marc Mero. Instead, a bunch of us just jumped in front of the TV camera when he was coming past and were screaming about how much he sucked. I mean, we weren't lying. But they got pissed and retaped the segment and this time we totally hammed it up and went overboard like Marc Mero was The Beatles arriving at Ed Sullivan.

My memory of exactly how many people were there is hazy. But there weren't a lot. There were no more than 100.

Next time someone talks about a down period, think abut that -- a show at a theme restaurant where there were only a few dozen fans and most of the people there didn't even know there was wrestling, with them trying to make Marc Mero as a star.

The WWE is soooooo much better now, it's not even funny.

Unintentional or not, they've humanized Daniel Bryan to a large portion of the fan base. Deny it all you want, but it's there.

You'd cry too if the Browns fired you as head coach after only one year.

My memory of exactly how many people were there is hazy. But there weren't a lot. There were no more than 100.

Next time someone talks about a down period, think abut that -- a show at a theme restaurant where there were only a few dozen fans and most of the people there didn't even know there was wrestling, with them trying to make Marc Mero as a star.

That was kind of the point, initially, for Shotgun. They were going for the odd locations and small but vocal crowds. I think they were trying for an ECW atmosphere. They even had a show once inside a subway terminal where the show ended with the Undertaker giving HHH a tombstone on the moving Up escalator. That lasted for about the first two months of the show before it became just another show.

Gotta love that people getting emotional about Daniel Bryan winning or losing matches and passionately supporting him at live events are "terrible fans."                                                                                                                                                                                    

Look at these idiots demanding that their favorite wrestler is at the top of the card!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, if you hate the cynicism of some Punk fans, you should love Bryan fans.