DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

The conversation about guys getting burnt out got me to thinking - who from ECW's heyday is still alive and working regularly?

The Dudleys are still going strong and RVD and Rhyno are still semi-active. Sabu does stuff on the indies and so does Raven but I think he's doing more with his standup and non-working stuff these days. There are the guys on whatever they're calling Douglas' ECW revival thing but I don't know how many of them are full timers or not. Do any of the b-level guys (Doring, Chetti, Nova, etc) still wrestle aside from the occasional northeast indy appearances?

Paul is still working hard

Can't be much worse than Lashley.

Eh, physically broken down 35 year old who, by many accounts, walks around like an old man and whose MMA training consists mainly of hanging out with Chael Sonnen and the Gracies.

Yes, yes he can be.

Meltzer says Punk is interested in getting into MMA and doing a fight with Bellator.

I hope he has that long-awaited rematch with Teddy Hart.

Will the cats be part of teddy's entourage?

They would be the purrfect entourage for Teddy.

Meltzer says Punk is interested in getting into MMA and doing a fight with Bellator.

That's an interesting interpretation of what Meltzer actually said, which is that Bellator is interested in signing Punk. Not the other way around.
  • Like 1

Will the cats be part of teddy's entourage?

You have it backwards.  Punk will fight one of the cats and Teddy will be part of Mr. Purr-Purr's entourage.

Also, nothing is happening with Jarrett's promotion, for now anyway. They have to wait till the autumn when the TV season begins. Also, TNA's deal with Spike runs out at that point, so you may have Jarrett's group making a play for the slot.

BfLgpSjIAAEhOoR.jpg

Wonderful.  Now that he'll have more free time, perhaps Punk could record additional sorely-needed Grammar Slam videos for his fans.  He can branch out with an Intro to Photoshop class, too.  Lesson 1: never obscure Punk's face when attempting to defend him, if you want.

What a wild and crazy ride it has been for mister Punk, I'm a big fan, I don't think he's done we will have to wait until July but if he is seriously done I don't see him sitting at home for very long maybe a year or two before he goes over to Japan kinda like what Lesnar did but I imagine Punk being more enthused about it. He may never work an Indy again but I don't think he is done with wrestling all together.