DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

There have been a lot of unathletic guys, but they don't do things that make them look even more unathletic.  Hell, even an athletic freak like Shawn Michaels has probably cut stuff that looks like sht out of his act.  

Like his selling?

I'm out of likes, but you get one anyway.

As far as Punk goes, we will know if this is a work or not pretty soon.  If Mick Foley makes another camera phones instagram video of him shitting on a TV in protest, then we know the E and Punk have worked the marks again.

Except it would really be one of his kids' shits.

The saddest thing about the Matt Hardy situation is that here is still some fat goth girl somewhere who thinks he looks good in that mug shot.  

In the Carolinas he is the new Ricky Morton to a generation of girls. He could kill a truck full of puppies and there would still be a National Guard Armory in Morganton filled with chicks there to meet him and to get an iPhone photo of them making that weird shocker sign with him.

• Like 1

I doubt it.  They may lose their PPV bonuses, but where are these guys going to go?  Unless they have an ass load of money saved up or another career like Rock or Jericho then they are kind of stuck.  They won't make near the money they do now or get any exposure anywhere else.  

Surely Punk isn't the only guy who doesn't spend money like Ric Flair.

But I think the comment is relative. Giants and super muscular dudes aren't the same. Guys like Cena, Michaels, Hart, Hunter, Rock, Austin are more athletic than Punk. They're all top guys too.

Oh, I'll agree to that, but it's not like Punk is some uncoordinated schlub who looks awkward with every move.

And I'll reiterate the point someone else said that it doesn't take being a great athlete to be a great pro wrestler.

This is like the second time this week where they absolutely need to use Bad News Barrett.  "Are you wondering where CM Punk was last week during Raw? Well, I'm afraid I've got some... bad news."

Not going to happen, but it would be great.

When Austin walked out on the Lesnar deal, was that pretty much the last time Austin was involved in anything in the wwe?

I was just talking to a buddy of mine about this. Does anyone think like my friend does that this could hi-jack some of Daniel Bryans heat?

I argued Daneil Bryans heat is beyond that of the "smart" crowd and that the regualor fans are even into him. That being said, do smart fans start chanting for CM Punk? Or does Bryan have so much heat he gets all the love and Punk possibily fades until Summer of Punk III?

I kinda figured the same thing.

I think because of the fueds Punk has had Vs. the Fueds that Bryan is in, Bryan has the most heat.

I'd argue that if Punk is doing this as a way to negotiate, he's doing it at a bad time.

There have been a lot of unathletic guys, but they don't do things that make them look even more unathletic.  Hell, even an athletic freak like Shawn Michaels has probably cut stuff that looks like sht out of his act.

Someone never saw his figure four...

Someone never saw his figure four...

I think Miz did...

• Like 2

The real victims in the Punk leaving thing are Living Colour.

The WWE making a deal where they get paid every time Punk's theme is played would be a WCW-esque mistake.  

No, but buys of "Cult of Personality" did skyrocket when Punk started using it.  Made Living Colour a lot of money just off that.