DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

I think he's in the right to go home and it solves a problem about what to do with Daniel Bryan. Punk going home frees up HHH vs Bryan so Bryan gets into a higher profile match. And I don't think Punk sits out for a whole year, but I do think he sits out until at least Money in the Bank or Summerslam.

Didn't read the last few pages, but DB does what Punk does and does it better: ability to brainwash fans into psychos, promos you'd wish were better for all the hype they get, and matches deemed bestest best match ever before they happen.

'Cept Db isn't a raging, bitter cunt while DB is marrying the good Bella.

Maybe Vince and Triple H need to look seriously at why all his top stars except Cena seemingly have a nervous breakdown, leave, and can only stand to be there part-time. Lesnar, Batista, Punk, Jericho, Austin (though that was mostly injury-related), I guess even Lashley...

Vince has been a workaholic for decades. So in his POV, they're the ones with the problem, not him

But the schedule these days is Raw, Smackdown, two days off, three house shows from Friday to Sunday. That seems ripe for improvement as I've noted before. Move SD tapings off of Tuesday to make it 4 on/3 off

There is NOTHING wrong with the current schedule.

Friday - House Show

Saturday - House Show

Sunday - House Show or PPV

Monday - RAW

Tuesday - SmackDown

Wednesday - Travel Home

Thursday - Travel to House Show

Look at all that free time! Pansies.

• Like 3

I forget who mentioned it, and maybe multiple wrestlers have said as much, but for each show, don't they need to show up really early? I thought in all, they're spending like 8 to 10 hours at whatever arena they're at, which includes the time for the show itself.

Quick aside since I haven't seen it specifically mentioned here: the National Pro Wrestling Day show will be streaming live, free, on YouTube, this Saturday at 1 pm eastern. Could potentially mark the return of Chikara.

http://nationalprowrestlingday.com/

Speaking of, anyone confirmed the rumored chikara sale?

Punk and Jarrett are totally going to start an MMA promotion together.

Somebody needs to fantasy book Punk becoming a student of Double J Double M A.

I don't know many parents that would trust CM Punk in a dojo full of children.

Punk and Jarrett are totally going to start an MMA promotion together.

Somebody needs to fantasy book Punk becoming a student of Double J Double M A.

I don't know many parents that would trust CM Punk in a dojo full of children.

Don't you mean how many husbands can trust their wives taking their kids to Punk's dojo.

DB does what Punk does and does it better

Err... They are like polar opposites except for the fan support.  DB is the best at elevating his opponent, works hard no matter what horrible program he gets stuck in and is average at best on the mic.  That opening promo on Raw last week was super cringey.  Please never say "Yes Movement" again, DB.  Please.

Punk can carry the mic work for pretty much any feud, elevates his work in the big moments or against the best opponents and generally checks out if they stick him in something horrible.

Even back in their ROH days they were always different.  

• Like 1

Punk's babyface promos are not very good. At least not in this whole generic, vanilla babyface push he's been getting the last half a year or so. He's been made to look like superman, winning 3 v 1 handicap matches and the like, mailed it in for those performances, and now goes home. Good job, good effort.

DB does what Punk does and does it better

Err... They are like polar opposites except for the fan support. DB is the best at elevating his opponent, works hard no matter what horrible program he gets stuck in and is average at best on the mic. That opening promo on Raw last week was super cringey. Please never say "Yes Movement" again, DB. Please.

Punk can carry the mic work for pretty much any feud, elevates his work in the big moments or against the best opponents and generally checks out if they stick him in something horrible.

Even back in their ROH days they were always different.

Or I could have been referring to the fact thst DB is doing Punk's shtick better right now than Punk did since the pipebomb thingy.

Good Wade, those "too cool for school" crowds are going to be the absolute fucking worst if this is true about Punk.

Quick aside since I haven't seen it specifically mentioned here: the National Pro Wrestling Day show will be streaming live, free, on YouTube, this Saturday at 1 pm eastern. Could potentially mark the return of Chikara.

http://nationalprowrestlingday.com/

Speaking of, anyone confirmed the rumored chikara sale?

It was a status update on the Barridoff Galleries facebook page that has now been deleted.  It said something like "Chikara acquired from Titor.  A different kind of art, but art nonetheless."

Titor is a fictional company, and Barridoff Galleries are owned by Robbie Ellis, a wrestler who's worked for Chikara, so I got the impression that it was all just storyline.  Chikara is no longer under Titor's thumb, so now they can start doing shows again.  In theory.