DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

You know who would get over in WWE? Jun Kasai. Even if he can't work hardcore. People would just flip over how he looks, and it's not like the dude can't wrestle. The goggles into the splash would be so over.

yeah, the main minus on Kasai is the medical stoppages if someone hits him in the head and he just spontaneously bleeds. The Goggles Splash would be over though. Although they'd be tempted to give him a shitty Kamikaze gimmick, where he's putting on goggles to "fly his plane into the ship"

and really, the top Japanese guys in the WWE were Taka/Funaki, and Tajiri, With maybe Kenzo Suzuki near the top of that list. The WWE doesn't exactly mine the top Japanese feds, but they have used guys whose Japanese experience pre-WWE was a bit more on the indy/minor fed realm of Japanese feds

You know who would get over in WWE? Jun Kasai. Even if he can't work hardcore. People would just flip over how he looks, and it's not like the dude can't wrestle. The goggles into the splash would be so over.

yeah, the main minus on Kasai is the medical stoppages if someone hits him in the head and he just spontaneously bleeds. The Goggles Splash would be over though. Although they'd be tempted to give him a shitty Kamikaze gimmick, where he's putting on goggles to "fly his plane into the ship"

I always thought Kasai basically lifted the goggles splash from Grandmaster Sexay.

Snuka on the stand: 

"Well, brudda, there's only one thing that I just like to just say to you, sir, and to the wonderful people there, and here, in the jury, in the United States, around the world, which I love so much. And I know that you're all willing to know, individually, and one of us, because, individual's feelings is different. And if you got that feeling, (pause) then your answer is, ladies and gentlemen, only you know. There's only one opportunity that I had the chance that it's not normally that all times that you would have the chance to look forward to speak to you wonderful people out there that I truly love, that I truly believe the faith that you've got... "

• Like 3

I always thought Kasai basically lifted the goggles splash from Grandmaster Sexay.

that seems more likely than Brian Christopher watching Big Japan tapes and making notes of which spots to steal

If pushed properly, Axel could get over. However, his first program was with Triple H, who doesn't know how to get talent over.

That was far from his first programme. He was part of the New Nexus.

Let's be honest, he never had a chance from the moment he cut his Genesis of the Moment of the Beginning of the McGuillicuty promo on NXT.

obviously they'd need to change R-Truth's finisher name in case of a conviction too.. or just not have R-Truth win matches for a half-year

I actually had to go look up what Truth's finisher is called. What a terrible name. Can you imagine if Hulk Hogan's leg drop had been called the Hulkamaniac?

If pushed properly, Axel could get over. However, his first program was with Triple H, who doesn't know how to get talent over.

That was far from his first programme. He was part of the New Nexus.

Let's be honest, he never had a chance from the moment he cut his Genesis of the Moment of the Beginning of the McGuillicuty promo on NXT.

Surely there have been wrestlers who have found a way to succeed despite having a worse televised moment than that.