DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

Not if you add Hogan. That's been my thought. Ideally, it should probably be Cena vs. Undertaker or Cena vs. Lesnar II but if they really run with the Bray Wyatt thing... the only way it makes sense to me is if he's taken out by the family and Hulkamania returns and runs wild for the save.

Of course, I've read that Hogan isn't cleared for anything so..

Sheamus should come back as a heel.  He went out with his injury at the same time as Cena and while Cena got to give a goodbye on Raw, Sheamus just disappeared.  If you called 1-800-FELLA you'd get no information at all.  Mainly because that's not enough digits to be a real phone number.

Sheamus should come back to a face pop and milk it, then turn heel as part of a storyline to set up his Wrestlemania. I favor the idea of Daniel Bryan winning the Rumble and HHH tapping Sheamus to his new face of the company after turning on Orton because he has lost faith in Orton's ability and maneuvering the belt onto Sheamus as his better shot at stopping Bryan.

But you should basically determine if you need him to be a face or a heel at Wrestlemania and manage his status based on where you need him to be.

Sheamus should come back as a heel.  He went out with his injury at the same time as Cena and while Cena got to give a goodbye on Raw, Sheamus just disappeared.  If you called 1-800-FELLA you'd get no information at all.  Mainly because that's not enough digits to be a real phone number.

Then again when Kofi Kingston went out, Ryback put him through a bunch of tables with the fans chanting "one more time" after each one and he came back cheesing and hand clapping as usual.

I'm sure he will. He's DOA as a babyface. People just don't like him. I think it's the Daniel Bryan squash (not his fault, but he was the guy they booked in that position) combined with how bland and cheesy his gimmick really is. He will never be a successful babyface in WWE.

Then again when Kofi Kingston went out, Ryback put him through a bunch of tables with the fans chanting "one more time" after each one and he came back cheesing and hand clapping as usual.

I'm sure he will. He's DOA as a babyface. People just don't like him. I think it's the Daniel Bryan squash (not his fault, but he was the guy they booked in that position) combined with how bland and cheesy his gimmick really is. He will never be a successful babyface in WWE.

Sheamus just isn't as flexible as the other top guys. Okay, all of but Cena and DB aren't flexible, but still. But there is still tremendous value in a big, charismatic guy that can go. They just think Sheamus can and should be allowed to cut promos or do anything other than beating the fuck out of people.

I asked on Twitter so I'll ask here:

Who's the longest tenured WWE wrestler (not a jobber like Brawler) from the hulkamania era onward not to get an action figure (non-legends/classics)? Is it Barbarian?

are we not counting this as a Barbarian action figure for the purposes of the question? it'd have to be something released while he was with the company, right?

I'd dig a Sheamus heel turn if it was just him thinking he was still a face, feuding with Daniel Bryan, and kept bringing up how he beat him in 18 seconds and expecting a pop from the crowd.

I'd dig a Sheamus heel turn if it was just him thinking he was still a face, feuding with Daniel Bryan, and kept bringing up how he beat him in 18 seconds and expecting a pop from the crowd.

i'm all for Sheamus and Batista doing the exact same gimmick and being the only two guys who regard each other as an upstanding good guy

then again, I would have had the fake Diesel/Razor trying to interact with other guys as if they expect others to treat them as the real Diesel/Razor. Fake Razor trying to talk to Shawn Michaels about "their" feud. If you let me book a wrestling fed, it'd either go bankrupt, or post the same rating for the rest of eternity

*checks the 1996 WWF roster list on Solie.org*

Brawler and Barry Horowitz were in the top 10 for tenure. Bob Backlund got an action figure as the manager of the Sultan while he was with the WWE. Aldo Montoya got an action figure. This is a tough Q

Aldo Montoya never got an action figure.

oh shit, someone made a custom Aldo Montoya Hasbro figure. What the fuck?

"Listen to all my Batistalievers!"

• Like 2

I was planning on watching the Royal Rumble after work, without being spoiled. I log onto Facebook, and the first thing I see is the victor of the Royal Rumble in the trending section.

The fuck?

Yep.  Same thing, just as I was closing my browser to watch it.  The fuck indeed.  Mind you, there was absolutely no way the guy in a potential summer blockbuster which comes out pretty much at Mania wasn't going to win the damn thing.  But still. The fuck!?

So, it would be still his character now, just versus people that can actually get a crowd to react to them this time?