DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

The guy is actually fairly film literate despite the stuff he wrote for wrestling - he did work in a video store and watch movies all day 

So did Randall from Clerks but I don't want him booking a pro wrestling company either.

• Like 1

this looks great

WWF @ Philadelphia, PA - Spectrum - November 18, 1989 (7,325)

WWF Tag Team Champions Demolition defeated Arn Anderson & Haku (sub. for Tully Blanchard)

Probably was taped too.

It wasn't.  The last PRISM Philly show taped for TV was February 1989.

I can't imagine them wasting their one full-time draw on Bray Wyatt.  Is Cena hurt or something and needs to work a lighter schedule/not take bumps?  The Wyatt family gimmick seems moderately over, but it's hardly Cena-level (heel) heat, and none of the three is ready for a push to the top of the card based on workrate.

• Like 2

The only way I can see them doing Cena vs. Wyatt is, if they finally saw the light and pass the "Being John Cena championship" to Daniel Bryan.

Wyatt hasn't even main-evented a normal PPV, yet, no way is he getting the top spot at Wrestlemania with such a big roster that includes Lesnar, Batista and the Undertaker.

Any chance that tonight, during the New Age Outlaws Vs. Rhodes match that Goldust turns on Cody setting up Cody Vs. Dustin at Wrestlemania? It's been rumored for like two years now but actually seems plausible now.

I hope not. I like Goldust's ring work a lot more during this babyface run than I ever have for any of his heel runs.

Any chance that tonight, during the New Age Outlaws Vs. Rhodes match that Goldust turns on Cody setting up Cody Vs. Dustin at Wrestlemania? It's been rumored for like two years now but actually seems plausible now.

I hope not. I like Goldust's ring work a lot more during this babyface run than I ever have for any of his heel runs.

And people want to cheer him.  Just keep him around and eventually fade him into the background as Cody's mentor for his singles push. 

They could do it in the Rumble itself - have one eliminate the other

EDIT: And it's time for the sign pointing to begin

Be7wTzTCYAASyoj.jpg

That, and they really need to knock it off with breaking up tag teams. They are doing better, but need to build up more competition. I know there are several teams at this point, but it feels like I'm seeing the same matchups over and over. Survivor Series would have been a good time to have 10 team elimination match, like they had in '87, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe, have it this year at WM for the titles.

Sheamus should come back as a heel.  He went out with his injury at the same time as Cena and while Cena got to give a goodbye on Raw, Sheamus just disappeared.  If you called 1-800-FELLA you'd get no information at all.  Mainly because that's not enough digits to be a real phone number.

Then again when Kofi Kingston went out, Ryback put him through a bunch of tables with the fans chanting "one more time" after each one and he came back cheesing and hand clapping as usual.