DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

A Hogan/Warrior rematch would have meant Hulk going over and I'm glad that didn't happen. In my eyes.. Warrior defeated Hulkamania and that's all there is to it. Whoever that guy was in WCW was not the Warrior. Bogus Warrior.

i can get behind this idea. they clearly repackaged Renegade into a Warrior clone. again.

No

The only man that could defeat Hulkamania was the Immortal Hulk Hogan himself telling the fans that they could stick it, brother

And so can youuuuuu

Nah. It was Yoko. 

And then the Ghost of Hulkamania came back to try and haunt the WWE and this guy was all like

brockwwe.jpg

"I HATE GHOSTS."

• Like 16

I bought this book when I was younger about the first sixteen Wrestlemanias by Basil Devito. I found it the other night and flipping through it I read his comments on Sgt Slaughter's heel turn. Even from that incredibly biased viewpoint, I cannot see how an Iraqi sympathizer was ever a good idea for a gimmick. He makes it sound like it was a good idea at first until people started getting offended and then they wanted to get rid of it quick.

No

The only man that could defeat Hulkamania was the Immortal Hulk Hogan himself telling the fans that they could stick it, brother

And so can youuuuuu

Nah. It was Yoko. 

And then the Ghost of Hulkamania came back to try and haunt the WWE and this guy was all like

brockwwe.jpg

"I HATE GHOSTS."

SQUEEZE! SQUEEZE! SQUEEZE!

One of my favorite matches. I don't remember if the camera got a glimpse of fans high-fiving each other like it did when Yokozuna beat Hogan at King of the Ring 1993.

I bought this book when I was younger about the first sixteen Wrestlemanias by Basil Devito. I found it the other night and flipping through it I read his comments on Sgt Slaughter's heel turn. Even from that incredibly biased viewpoint, I cannot see how an Iraqi sympathizer was ever a good idea for a gimmick. He makes it sound like it was a good idea at first until people started getting offended and then they wanted to get rid of it quick.

They definitely didn't get rid of it quick.  It lasted all the way until Summerslam, well after the actual Gulf War had fucking ended.

They definitely didn't get rid of it quick.  It lasted all the way until Summerslam, well after the actual Gulf War had fucking ended.

the Gulf War ended before fucking Wrestlemania... then Sheik was introduced post-WM7 (taped in-between the ceasefire and WM7)

I think with Dolph they followed him on twitter, saw his brutal attempts at being funny and was like TO THE MIDCARD YOU GO.

I enjoy him in ring but never saw him as a main event player. Upper midcarder who challenges for the title on occasion but never THE GUY.

So he really is this generation's Curt Hennig?

No

And so can youuuuuu

Nah. It was Yoko. 

brockwwe.jpg

"I HATE GHOSTS."

SQUEEZE! SQUEEZE! SQUEEZE!

One of my favorite matches. I don't remember if the camera got a glimpse of fans high-fiving each other like it did when Yokozuna beat Hogan at King of the Ring 1993.

I love that fucking match so much.  Really Hogan's last hurrah in a lot of ways.  Heyman of all people made Hogan look like the biggest world beater ever.  More than anyone else had in years.  Screaming out shit like "He's DIFFERENT Brock"!  Just urging Brock to not dick around because he Hulk fucking Hogan, and he WILL find a way to beat you.  Just an awesome match.  Shame it was wasted on free TV.

I think with Dolph they followed him on twitter, saw his brutal attempts at being funny and was like TO THE MIDCARD YOU GO.

I enjoy him in ring but never saw him as a main event player. Upper midcarder who challenges for the title on occasion but never THE GUY.

Perfect with today's roster would be the face of the company and hold the title forever.

• Like 1

Perfect with today's roster would be the face of the company and hold the title forever.

Did you not see Mr. Perfect's last WWE run?  If anything, he would be EXACTLY like Dolph Ziggler:  a guy who claims how great he is but time after time they'd have to force-feed how much bullshit that is to us.

The Mr. Perfect vignettes were so great in showing us this dickhead telling us how awesome he was then backing it up.  Now he'd be doing challenges with Cena and made to look like an idiot.

• Like 2