DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble Predictions

goodhelmet

Do you think they tease a Reigns vs Langston hoss-vs-hoss showdown in the middle of the ring with the fans going nuts, only for Ambrose and Rollins to prevent it by attacking Big E?

Will Kane participate?

Fans going nuts!?

I think powerhouse vs powerhouse confrontations in the Rumble tend to get very strong reactions.

Do you think they tease a Reigns vs Langston hoss-vs-hoss showdown in the middle of the ring with the fans going nuts, only for Ambrose and Rollins to prevent it by attacking Big E?

Will Kane participate?

Fans going nuts!?

I think powerhouse vs powerhouse confrontations in the Rumble tend to get very strong reactions.

I think Reigns and Harper will do the hoss v. hoss showdown this year.

Bryan will be in it only if his broken brain heels. But Undertaker has to resurface at some point to get his heat back from the Shield maybe with Kane's help. Jake the Snake will be probably be the surprise entrant, but I don't see him lasting long. 

Over/under on part of the ending sequence involving Reigns spearing someone through-but-not-over the ropes, and that guy sneaking back in?

Or the 'we want to do this showdown in the middle of the ring thing with 2 guys but not eliminate the third guy who is on a Ric Flair push.'

Since the January Yammering thread has been locked, thought I could put this interesting tidbit here.

On this date in 2003, Evolution was first formed on RAW and tonight Batista returns to the fed. Coincidence?? Yeah, probably, but still interesting

And so this is on topic, I still pick Batista to win the Rumble

possible surprises I've considered

Jake Roberts - not sure if he could actually go over the ropes.

Scott Hall

DDP

Jericho - he's advertised to appear in pittsburgh the night before with big show at some bar

Kurt Angle - hometown dude

Jeff Hardy - ? is he done with tna too?

Morrison

MVP

Dean Douglas - pittsburgh dude (not happening)

Mankind/DudeLove/Cactus Jack

Sting - I doubt they would do this without hyping it in advance

Sheamus - obviously

If you're worried about Jake making it over the top and think Foley could, you need a reality check. It may be more likely than, say, Edge but not by much. I like the ideas of both Jake and Hall, and I think Jake will show, but Hall is more of a long shot. DDP Yoga might've worked wonders for both of them but Hall taking a bump sounds like a real bad idea. Page himself sounds like a lock, at least if Jake is coming.

Final four is Bryan, Orton, Batista and Reigns.  Bryan knocks out Orton, only to be speared by Reigns. Reigns celebrates, gets eliminated by Batista by clothesline.  Batista gets Bryan up in a Batista Bomb, but Bryan huracanranas Batista over the ropes to the floor.  Batista reaches up to shake Bryan's hand, but drags him to the floor and Batista Bombs him on the floor.  Lights go out, music hits.  Not instantly recognizable music, but vaguely familiar.

And Maven, who was never officially eliminated in the 2002 Royal Rumble, fulfills the 12 year angle and returns as the #1 contender for Wrestlemania.

Either that or Batista.

By that logic, Scotty Too Hotty gets a shot too since he was never eliminated back in 2005.

My pick: Punk. Batista just seems too obvious.