DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble Predictions

goodhelmet

John Cena.

Cena wins the championships from Randy Orton.  Cena then enters the Rumble #1, and he personally eliminates all 29 other wrestlers.  Michael Cole wonders if that young underdog Cena will overcome these overwhelming odds.

• Like 8

If Bryan passes his concussion test, he has to win it this year.  They can't ignore Monday night.

If not...  I think they call a real audible and go with Punk. I don't see Batista winning it.

Final four is Bryan, Orton, Batista and Reigns.  Bryan knocks out Orton, only to be speared by Reigns. Reigns celebrates, gets eliminated by Batista by clothesline.  Batista gets Bryan up in a Batista Bomb, but Bryan huracanranas Batista over the ropes to the floor.  Batista reaches up to shake Bryan's hand, but drags him to the floor and Batista Bombs him on the floor.  Lights go out, music hits.  Not instantly recognizable music, but vaguely familiar.

And Maven, who was never officially eliminated in the 2002 Royal Rumble, fulfills the 12 year angle and returns as the #1 contender for Wrestlemania.

Either that or Batista.

• Like 3

After beating the Big Show decisively, Lesnar enters the Rumble. Lesnar can't wait until Wrestlemania and wants the champ at Elimination Chamber. Cena, having beaten Orton, agrees. That sets up a #1 contender Elimination Chamber match for the chance to face the winner of Cena-Brock at Wrestlemania.

Lesnar defeats The Big Show in convincing fashion and earns his way into the chamber. Batista wins the Rumble. Lesnar wins the chamber. Batista  vs. Lesnar ©

For some reason I feel like we're getting Reigns vs. Ambrose vs. Rollins at WrestleMania. It will be better than the LEGACY EXPLODE match but I'll still hate it.

I don't see Batista winning. Bryan would be the front runner, but if he's out, all bets are off. My guess is he'll participate and win, but they'll have him enter at #29 or #30 to protect him as best they can.

Final 6:

Bryan

Batista

Punk

Del Rio (only so Batista can get a big elimination on him like Edge did to Jericho)

a returning Sheamus (may even start up an angle with Batista)

Reigns

Kind of an exciting Rumble this year because so much is up in the air. Langston or Bray Wyatt could also slide into the final 6 there.

Even with a concussion, couldn't Bryan be pretty protected in the Rumble match itself? It's not like it's a match with lots of bumping, and if he's winning the whole thing, he doesn't have to worry about taking the elimination bump to the floor? Have him enter late in the match and do a lot of punch/kick stuff to the end.

That said, I still think Batista wins the Rumble.

How about predictions about surprise entrants? Would Jake Roberts qualify as a "surprise" entrant after showing up on Raw a couple weeks ago? He had been talking about wanting to be in the Rumble for quite some time now, so I probably think that's going to happen. He's probably going to get too much face heat for my idea of him being the "mastermind" behind the Wyatts to work.

(Along those lines, I realized who would make a perfect Sister Abigail...Sara Del Rey. Probably not the only one to think of that, but there it is.)

How big of a pop would there be if AJ Styles or Sting showed up? THAT would be huge.

The thing with Bryan is that he had to have been a top 5 entrant this year. In those 1-5 slots. Go the whole way and either win it or come close. That Rick Martel/Ric Flair/Rey Mysterio/Shawn Michaels MVP spot. I think even if he's cleared, they'd be insane to do that with him. Bryan entering at 26 and winning is just weird.

Here's some convoluted smoke and mirrors:

Bryan enters #5 or so, throws some forearms around, but the Harper and Rowan come out to interfere, not as part of the Rumble, and they pull him under the bottom rope, and he brawls with them up the aisle.  As they go to the backstage, the cameras switch to Bray Wyatt standing over a knocked out Bryan.  They take him to some dark room, about to perform some ritualistic sacrifice or some such.  During the Rumble, they occasionally go back to Bryan's plight.  Bryan eventually snaps out of it, breaks free of the Wyatts.  He's wanders his way out of the room, still backstage when he runs into Kane, who reminds him he hasn't been eliminated.  Bryan runs back and starts throwing some forearms.  Bray Wyatt comes in at #30, and that's the last guy Bryan eliminates.  Bryan doesn't take any bumps, and has maybe 5 minutes of ringtime, with the rest some pre-recorded backstage malarkey. 

Not that any of that would actually be good, but I could see something like that happening to "protect" Bryan and have him still win. 

• Like 2

Authority makes Bryan & Punk no's 1 + 2 entrants, with the shield and NAO and Wyatts being numbers 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. I have the mind of an evil genius. They get chucked out after putting up a good fight leaving the heels to implode. Shield dominate until Batista throws out Rollins and Ambrose. Reigns has a good showing before being thrown out as well. 

• Like 1

Bastista, as the heavily hyped returning vet, will come in as a face. He does not need the RR win. The match will be used to set up his next feud: The Shield (they can interfere constantly in his matches with Del Rio in the weeks following the Rumble). I could see them teasing one-on-one with Roman Reigns all the way until WM, which Bastista wins to set up the Shield split. Punk will get screwed by "The Authority" (ugh, that name) to set up his WM match with TripleHHH. DBryan will win.

I think that, much like most of the "Road to Wrestlemania", they aren't going to stray from predictability . Reigns has the annual "toss a bunch of dudes out" spot, Batista wins the Rumble, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Honky Tonk Man and SuperFly Snuka are the surprise entrants. If Sting is going to come in, I think it will be at Raw the night after.