DVDVR Message Board

The Following: Season 2

E.J.

Just finished the premiere. Things are looking up, hopefully Bodie doesn't get killed off too fast.

Those twins are freaky as hell, and I'm really digging Joe's obligatory on-the-run-beard. I just hope we get less unbelievable cop-kills.

Wouldn't discount that, but the actress (Natalie Zea) has said it was her decision not to return and she wouldn't be shooting any scenes aside from the hospital scene they used at the beginning of the ep.  I kinda think Claire will stay dead unless they recast the part.  My impression is that Zea really doesn't like the show.

I watched the premiere because... no idea.  I really don't think it's a very good show, full of fairly predictable twists and cardboard characters.  I watched all of season 1 and kinda wish I hadn't spent that much time on it.

I watched the premiere because... no idea.  I really don't think it's a very good show, full of fairly predictable twists and cardboard characters.  I watched all of season 1 and kinda wish I hadn't spent that much time on it.

It really doesn't hold up well compared to Hannibal or even Bates Motel. I actually like the premise, especially the Poe angle, but I don't think they have any idea of how to execute it properly.

And Ryan Hardy is basically a check list of every protagonist TV Trope possible:

Drinking problem? Check.

Dark past? Check.

Unlucky in love? Check.

Refuses to play by the rules? Check.

Also, it's a given that the FBI aren't going to come off well in these types of shows (if they caught the killer with relative ease, that would be the end of the series), but no way should it be THIS easy for Joe to outsmart them all the time.

I posted this in the general TV thread because I didn't think this show had enough watchers to warrant a thread:

I was too lazy to change the channel after the NFC Championship game last night so I got sucked into watching The Following. I haven't seen any of the first season but I guess I'll add it to my queue and binge-watch it (it's on Netflix) even though watching the season premiere kinda gave away the ending to S1. I don't watch any of the myriad serial killer shows mentioned earlier in this thread but I thought it was kinda interesting and creepy.

Even though one of the twin serial-killer baddies in S2 is doing the most obvious Christian Bale in American Psycho impersonation ever.