DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game v.48

Dolfan in NYC

Is it me or is the Broncos jersey more red than orange today?

For whatever reason, the main camera angles for Fox were bumping up the saturation on the Broncos orange during the game.  Replays and alternate angles showed the normal shade of orange.  Really weird.

He apparently snuck in by literally saying "I was late, I need to get in."  Reporters next year will be cursing his name (since, of course, the NSA/CIA/Illuminati/Asian Dawn will make sure he meets with an 'unfortunate accident').

Also...

Bfg9A9XIUAIBF5q.jpg

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Asian Dawn? . . . .That's right I remember reading about them in Time magazine :)

• Like 2

He apparently snuck in by literally saying "I was late, I need to get in."  Reporters next year will be cursing his name (since, of course, the NSA/CIA/Illuminati/Asian Dawn will make sure he meets with an 'unfortunate accident').

Also...

Asian Dawn? . . . .That's right I remember reading about them in Time magazine :)

It just sounds like a shorthand way of describing someone you know, like:

"I just got a text from Dawn."

"Asian Dawn or drunk laugh Dawn?"

"Asian."

"Thank God. I fucking hate drunk laugh Dawn."

• Like 1

Forgot this little bit of hilarity from Fox.  As Denver was taking the field for their third possession, they showed a total yards stat for each time.  I forget Seattle's at that point but for Denver, they showed "4 plays, 8 yards" (may have been "4 plays, 7 yards").  Either one is laughably wrong.  I guess Fox just decided to completely ignore the -15 yards they got on their first play from scrimmage.  Oh, they counted the play alright - just not the negative yardage.  FIAL.

I understand your point but I don't believe they count fumble or interception yards into yardage totals

Ah, I see.  They're counting that play as a fumble - which it really isn't - instead of a rush for -14 yards.  Pretty stupid but I at least understand where Fox got their numbers from now.  Seems really dumb that an offense can go backwards 14 yards and not have it count against their total offense numbers.

I haven't looked at the box score/play by play but I'm pretty sure it would go down as fumble (either Manning or the center) recovery Morneno -14 yrds but since no actual play was made it's not going to count against total offense. Just as how Mannings pick 6 doesn't end up being negative yards against his passing total.

1st and 10 at DEN 14(Shotgun) P.Manning Aborted. M.Ramirez FUMBLES at DEN 14, recovered by DEN-K.Moreno at DEN -8. K.Moreno tackled in End Zone, SAFETY (C.Avril). Penalty on DEN-P.Manning, Illegal Motion, declined.

My girlfriend and I flipped away from the Super Bowl and watched the Season 3 finale of Sherlock.  We knew from the Safety that it was all downhill for Peyton after that.

Indeed.  If there's any solace for Broncos and Peyton Manning fans, it's that Seattle was going whup whoever took the field across from them last night.  They were locked in 100% and when that happens for a team that talented---take cover.

Maybe. 

I would have preferred the 49ers playing them in a rematch on a neutral field. Wrestling has one over on football there.

Can't wait for #18 to stomp a mudhole in Sherman and walk it dry.

Four neck surgeries is Peyton's version of coming back from a buried alive match.  Dude has fused vertebrae. He's come too far with this.  #18 will go into UnderPeyton mode and tombstone the Seahawks.

So, the best offense in NFL history against the second best pass defense of the last 25 years.

That's...  a pretty damn good matchup, all told.

I think if the weather holds up.. Peyton gets them. Seahawks offense is looking real shaky too. It looks like their D needs to play lights out.

You know this is one of those situations where the usual weather factor won't come into play with Peyton. He's had a chip on his shoulder since he signed with Denver, and he took one on the chin from Baltimore last year. By all rights, they should've been in the game and probably won XLVII. I think Manning came into the season feeling like he had something to prove to everyone, especially because of the Eli/Peyton argument. Don't be surprised if Manning actually glows when he comes out of the tunnel in New York. This is his season, and it has been since day 1. Will he retire next year? I think it boils down to how much of this years Broncos are kept around. If the nucleus stays intact, I'd bet even money Manning does it one more time to shut the Eli homers down completely. In either case, I don't expect to see him playing at 40, but I DO see him on the sidelines as a coach not long after. It's also a job he was born to do.

So, the best offense in NFL history against the second best pass defense of the last 25 years.

That's...  a pretty damn good matchup, all told.

I think if the weather holds up.. Peyton gets them. Seahawks offense is looking real shaky too. It looks like their D needs to play lights out.

Getting Seattle is probably what the Broncos wanted.  Sure, their defense is incredible.  But the Seattle offense isn't designed for shootouts.  If Peyton and Co. get ahead early--especially with how they're eating the clock recently--and the Denver D does anything, the Broncos will be tough to beat. 

This is only page 1!

• Like 2

I haven't looked at the box score/play by play but I'm pretty sure it would go down as fumble (either Manning or the center) recovery Morneno -14 yrds but since no actual play was made it's not going to count against total offense. Just as how Mannings pick 6 doesn't end up being negative yards against his passing total.

I get it to some degree.  Yet, it wasn't a turnover.  If Manning had turned around and handed the ball to Moreno, only to have him run backward for 14 yards and get tackled, the result would have been identical.  I'm not saying it should count against Moreno's stats but it should count against the team.  Kinda like how Manning taking a sack doesn't count against HIS passing totals but does count against the team's.

So how many of you also have morons on your FB and/or Twitter feeds yelling "FIX"! and showing a general all-around lack of understanding of football?

Superbowl Sunday is the day more uppity "I don't like sports" people say dumb things about sports beyond their comprehension than all other days of the year put together.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...