DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL DRAFT

RIPPA

I love Merrill Hoge sitting there telling me why Johnny Manziel will be a bust in the NFL as they show highlights of Manziel doing things on the field against teams like Alabama that I haven't seen anyone do, maybe since young Michael Vick.

Just asking, did this person also think Andrew Luck didn't have NFL arm strength?

That might be my favourite thing anyone said about a QB in the draft that I can ever remember.

How much of a conflicted would Reggie's faith have been with how Taylor's off field stuff or was Reggie one of those guys who the media made a bigger deal out of it then Reggie really did?

I think the media treated White fairly here in Wisconsin.

It really wasn't until towards the end when he had made some comments about gays that he got drilled.

He was a bit different in his thought process but seemed like a cool guy.

Only thing I remember about Reggie in that vein was him giving that one speech (sermon?) I think in front of the Wisconsin congress or something, which led to an all-time great SNL sketch.

"But you know who I really don't like?  Midgets who don't look like midgets."

"So you hate people?"

"Yes"

• Like 2

Yeah, he had the whole batshit speech in front of the government reps as well as airing his asinine views on homosexuality later on.

We are overdue for a team to get skipped because they don't pick in time, maybe the Browns will do that?

I can't wait for Thursday, not because I am overly excited about the draft, but because if I read one more mock draft I am going to jump out a window.  I actually find the first round quite entertaining, I always try to watch it, but all this guessing (which is all it is) by these 'experts' is starting to get a bit repetitive. 

With the first pick in he NFL draft, the Carolina Panthers select Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina. After trading 5 draft picks.

Rams taking Manzell isn't really whacky, since they have talked with TT coaches about him, and his visit apparently had a lengthy meeting with just Snead and Fisher. Toss in Fisher running the draft and really liking Manzell, and Johnny is one of the 3 most likely scerarios at 2 with "Rams take OT" and "Rams trade down, someone drafts DE"

What would be really nutty is if Bell goes 1, and Rams take Clowney giving them a Clowney-Brockers-Long-Quinn DL.

The two ways I could see Rams taking JFF is 1) it's to trade him later ie Eli. 2) The Rams front office had already decided that they won't be re-signing Bradford and don't expect to be in a postion to get a top QB next year since this is the last of the Washigton 1st.

Jay Glazer tweeted last night that the Browns will not be taking Manziel. Obviously at this time of the year there is always the chance they are lying, but I have my doubts because Cleveland hates me. 

Jay Glazer tweeted last night that the Browns will not be taking Manziel. Obviously at this time of the year there is always the chance they are lying, but I have my doubts because Cleveland hates me. 

Well the best part about it is that both ESPN and NFL Network and others are saying that they are.

And Glazer was all I DONT KNOW WHERE THEY ARE GETTING IT FROM!!!

So yeah... the usual - everyone is full of shit

The mock drafts that try to predict trades are the weirdest shit to me. Why not just publish an article where you pick a random number between one and ten thousand then post a follow up post draft to see how many GM's picked the same number as you. I understand that as always certain teams will shop that they're willing to move up or down, but so much of it just veers into "please click my webpage".

Also worth noting, if he gets past 4, Manzell could drop to the Rams at 13. If that does happen, I'm think the Rams role the dice on him.

Only if they're worried about Bradford's health.  He was excellent last year before getting hurt.

So a few short year ago, the Browns had a top five pick and another first rounder in the twenties. They decided to select "a can't miss, best athlete in the draft" running back, and wait to get a QB later in the first. Those players, for those who may have forgotten, were Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden.

This year, most signs point to them doing the exact same thing, but instead of a running back, it's a wide receiver.