DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL DRAFT

RIPPA

The media is going to be awful for this guy in the long run.  We are already getting the bullshit "will the media circus drive teams away?!?" talking point.   Do they think that somehow isn't a valid reason to skip on the guy?  

Tebow would still be getting that Rex Grossman backup money somewhere if it wasn't for ESPN.

The media is going to be awful for this guy in the long run. We are already getting the bullshit "will the media circus drive teams away?!?" talking point. Do they think that somehow isn't a valid reason to skip on the guy?

Tebow would still be getting that Rex Grossman backup money somewhere if it wasn't for ESPN.

Couldn't agree more. Clubhouse chemistry could be disrupted even if everybody is minding their own business in the face of massive, constant media coverage.

There are a bunch of backups in the league who can't play QB at the NFL level.  He would obviously flunk out of the league eventually, but it would have been a much slower process if the media circus wasn't part of the deal.

Someone will sign Caleb Hanie and give him three weeks of paychecks next year.  CALEB HANIE!  No one will even notice except assholes like me who despise him.  Tebow can't even get that!

Except the part about blaming the media for Tebow being out of the game. The dude sucks and can't play QB. That's why he's not a backup somewhere.

I'm sure there's a thread where Tebow's merits and faults have been thoroughly dissected. I am in the "can play QB at the NFL level" camp but even as a Tebow fan, I see that there is a point where the circus factor outweighs the skill factor for teams. That's going to figure in where Sam is drafted and/or signed. Talent assessment can be cold-blooded, and that's not going to change for Sam because people like his story.

Everybody forgets, Tim screwed himself by repeatedly saying he wanted a. to start at quarterback and b. to start and quarterback in the NFL.

He got a genius play caller in Fox who built a system around him and massively hid his flaws.  He got a great defense who covered his mistakes and made him look great.  

As soon as he got to the Jets, he got fucked over badly. Mainly due to the owner forcing him on an intransigent fuck of a coach who refused to play him for any reason whatsoever, despite having, statistically, the worst starter in the NFL.  

He needed to accept the fact that he could not play the position at that level and move to FB/TE/WR if he wanted to stay in the league.   He didn't, and now he'll be ruining (lol) the ESPN NFL pre-games. 

Everybody forgets, Tim screwed himself by repeatedly saying he wanted a. to start at quarterback and b. to start and quarterback in the NFL.

He got a genius play caller in Fox who built a system around him and massively hid his flaws. He got a great defense who covered his mistakes and made him look great.

As soon as he got to the Jets, he got fucked over badly. Mainly due to the owner forcing him on an intransigent fuck of a coach who refused to play him for any reason whatsoever, despite having, statistically, the worst starter in the NFL.

He needed to accept the fact that he could not play the position at that level and move to FB/TE/WR if he wanted to stay in the league. He didn't, and now he'll be ruining (lol) the ESPN NFL pre-games.

Ruining ESPN SEC pre-game

Seriously, even if you take the letter "L" out of "Clock Management", Herman Edwards is STILL an abject failure. 

When you're talking about Herm Edwards, you gotta ADD Ls, not take them away.

• Like 2

Seriously, even if you take the letter "L" out of "Clock Management", Herman Edwards is STILL an abject failure. 

You pllay to wlin the glames?

And Tebow, yeah. . .when Belichick throws up his hands and says "I can't work with this," it's pretty much over for you.

There are a bunch of backups in the league who can't play QB at the NFL level.  He would obviously flunk out of the league eventually, but it would have been a much slower process if the media circus wasn't part of the deal.

Someone will sign Caleb Hanie and give him three weeks of paychecks next year.  CALEB HANIE!  No one will even notice except assholes like me who despise him.  Tebow can't even get that!

I see the point you're trying to make but as shitty as even he is, Caleb Hanie is worlds better as a QB than Tim Tebow. 

Teams want a backup QB that can complete basic concepts.  Tebow needs his own offensive schemes.  No team is going to waste its time doing that for a backup QB.

Had Tebow been drafted in the third or fourth round, maybe he'd still be in the league.  There would have been no pressure to play him, and he would have more of a chance to develop better QB skills.  Then the chance he got wouldn't have seemed liked a 'what the hell, we have nothing to lose' moment.  Going in the first round was the worst thing that could have happened to Tebow's football career.

You pllay to wlin the glames?

Welllllll-pllllayed, sir.

Herm Edwards: Four 10-loss seasons in a nine-year coaching career, held up as a "coaching expert" by ESPN.  I guess being a GREAT MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER makes you an expert, even if you can't turn your own principles into actual success.

Hey, he has the Lions taking a corner.  Best mock draft ever.

I've seen plenty of mocks with the Lions taking Sammy Watkins.  Dude's a beast and would undoubtedly help but, yeah, we need a corner.